X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servo arm size

Sorry if the topic has been asked before but the Eflite Viper uses small servo arms with a hole diameter 4.0mm. But can't seem to find the hole size on any servo arms when i Google them? I need a longer arm for the nose gear.

You likely won't find this dimension. Each size and brand of servo will have a different size of toothed pin that sticks out of them. But since this is an Eflite product, most local hobby shops will sell this type of servo or other brands of servos. You should go to a shop nearest to you with the servo in hand and size up one that will fit. You may have to buy the whole servo just to get the arm. At least in the shop, you can have them remove the arm from the new servo and try it on yours.
    Why do you need to lengthen the arm? Why don't you increase the servo "travel" on the high rate and use it for ground handling and flip it to a lower rate for rudder work in the air?

Comment

I'll try the servo travel on high rate first. But it's still annoying you can't see the dimension on websites.

Thank's

Comment

If the time ever comes that you crash enough planes that you can't fix anymore, you get into the habit of stripping down the plane for all the possible useful parts for future use. Saving these items may come in handy one day. Servos and servo arms may have a second life.

Comment

You got a point there my friend. Just had a spare servo arm laying
          around and it fits perfectly:)

Comment

Never underestimate the value of "junk".

Comment

Touche:)

Comment

Working...
              X