X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing VS E-Flite F-18 discussion

Guys these to jets are absolutely fantastic models but that being said not everyone can get both we created this video to help you decide what plane is the one for you. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this thread about why you like the E-Flite or Freewing and share pictures of your models good and bad I know there’s crashes so let’s hear about them on this thread. You repainted yours and it’s the best thing since sliced bred I want to see it. Let’s have fun on this one guys.

I've been trying to decide which f18 to get. I must say that i enjoyed your video comparing the two. However, we have a grass field. And all of the videos i see on youtube show marginal takeoff performance on grass for both versions. I wish we had a little more power in these birds as stock. Also, i love the two seat delta. But in 80mm it's a little small for our rough field.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

The FW gobsmacks the EFlite in every category, looks, flying, price (and big time on the price of spare parts)...

The only thing the EFlite has is the looks of the gear and that you can get it with a receiver installed and programmed. But that said though the gear looks scale coming in to land it has ZERO suspension, zero as in there is no suspension and what plane doesn't have suspension now??? Even the cheap 70mm have the wire wound legs. Also when retracted the wheels are visible... And while you can get a receiver that's programmed it's the cheapo 6ch so you are limited. For the price the FW is a much better deal, add whatever receiver you want.

And the FW flies awesome and so very stable.

Hands down, FreeWing!

Comment

I have flown both and I like them both for different reasons. The Eflite IMO flys more like a real F-18, even has the slight delay in the roll like the real F-18's. The landing gear is amazing, the nose gear have suspension and the rears have a slight suspension which IMO is what you want. The rigid rear suspension allows the plane to stick to the ground as much as possible so you don't scratch the wing tips. If your looking for a challenge with some real scale flying Eflite is the way to go. If you want power and vertical climb and easier take offs then go Freewing... depends on you. Oh... and the sound will get everyones attention lol, best sounding jet I have flown.

Comment

Working...
        X