X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing A-10 80mm vs FMS A-10 70mm V2

Fms seems to have come out with what looks like a much improved v2 version of their 70mm a-10. It has an amazing black and grey arctic camo livery and I love the look. Has anyone flown either or both of these? They seem pretty on par, but since I really like the camo pattern on the FMS I'm leaning that way if all else is equal.
    Attached Files

I have the Freewing 80mm and a guy at one of my fields has the FMS. I find my FW to be quite imposing in the air with an "in your face" presence. However, the FMS version appears to fly faster (maybe because it's smaller) and looks more nimble (because it's lighter?). If I were to do it all over again, I think I'd get the FMS version simply because of its smaller size (easier to store and transport) and mainly because it uses only ONE battery. The dual batteries is a bit cumbersome to me when it comes down to preparing to fly (charging) and taking all those batteries to the field.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      I have the Freewing 80mm and a guy at one of my fields has the FMS. I find my FW to be quite imposing in the air with an "in your face" presence. However, the FMS version appears to fly faster (maybe because it's smaller) and looks more nimble (because it's lighter?). If I were to do it all over again, I think I'd get the FMS version simply because of its smaller size (easier to store and transport) and mainly because it uses only ONE battery. The dual batteries is a bit cumbersome to me when it comes down to preparing to fly (charging) and taking all those batteries to the field.
      Thanks as always viper. Did your buddy mention anything about how he liked flying it? One battery is nice, but I imagine a by-product of that is minimal flight time. I think some guys are running 2x33006s in it somehow.

Comment

He didn't say outright, but I think his excitement as he flew it told it all. Since there were no mishaps or "booboo's", there were no negative points. The FMS doesn't fly that much shorter time with a single 5000 than mine did with 2 x 5000. Both are around 4min. Realize that the flying weight of the FW is 1.7kg more than the FMS. That and the bigger size burns up a lot of mah.

Comment

I have the FMS version and absolutely love it, she’s an amp hog pulling off 1 pack but an easy 4 min on a 6000 HRB is an easy feat. She flys scale , nimble , easy to land and very easy to transport. My buddy just picked up the freewing and it’s huge! It was awesome as well only issue we found was 1 elevator servo and 1 aileron servo locked up on maiden flight! They both have a great presence in air though most people at the field stop and watch when they come out !

Comment

Originally posted by Wrthog View Post
            I have the FMS version and absolutely love it, she’s an amp hog pulling off 1 pack but an easy 4 min on a 6000 HRB is an easy feat. She flys scale , nimble , easy to land and very easy to transport. My buddy just picked up the freewing and it’s huge! It was awesome as well only issue we found was 1 elevator servo and 1 aileron servo locked up on maiden flight! They both have a great presence in air though most people at the field stop and watch when they come out !
            That's fantastic! I really love the size of the freewing, but that arctic camo on the FMS. Sheesh, so dang sexy! Easier to throw in my WRX would be nice too. I think I'm going to go for it. It will be my first EDF, but I think I'm ready.

Comment

Easy plane to fly set up dual rates she can be a handful with a lot throws. Very maneuverable , you will love it!!!!

Comment

Easy plane to fly set up dual rates she can be a handful with a lot throws. Very maneuverable , you will love it!!!!
                What receiver did you throw in? Any Gyro action? I think I'm going to throw in a 6ch admiral gyro capable receiver and bind it to my Dx9. Any reason to need more than 6ch for this?

Comment

I run nothing but the DSM-X receivers I had 3 planes go down with admiral rx and my Dx8! Ar6610t with telemetry added 1 sat to be safe.

Comment

I run nothing but the DSM-X receivers I had 3 planes go down with admiral rx and my Dx8! Ar6610t with telemetry added 1 sat to be safe.
                    !!! Oh geez. I will look into it.

Comment

Up to u. I know guys that have awesome luck with them I can’t get 10 feet away with my admirals with a glitch !

Comment

Still haven't pulled the trigger yet because I have the opportunity to buy the Freewing locally for a really good price (second hand). Its in great shape, has some nice customization, upgraded retracts, carbon rods, receiver etc. All that for less than the FMS new.

Comment

Well in a turn of events I ended up with the FreeWing. Got a great local deal on it with upgrades and options that ended up being quite a bit less than a new FMS. It will be my first EDF, so I'm excited!

Comment

Working...
                          X