You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Or FlightLine Spitfire MK.IX 1600mm for my second plane ?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing F/A-18C Hornet 90mm EDF Or FlightLine Spitfire MK.IX 1600mm for my second plane ?

Hi !

I am pretty new to the hobby of flying RC plane ! :). I've been flying my apprentice STS for some time now and I am starting to look on for my second planes( probably next year). What got me into the hobby was eventually to fly a Spitfire and a F-18 C Legacy. So I am of course looking to buy one of those as my second planes and I want some thought from more seasoned pilots :) .

Both planes are rated as " intermadiate" on motion rc. I think both will fly great I am pretty sure but I am a bit scared of the Spitfire landing and takeoff ...

My RC field only have a grass runway so I will be operating on Grass.

So what's you guys tough for a new pilot with a bit of experience? I plan to put a Gyro on any of those as my second planes.

Thanks !

I am afraid both will be a bit much with your experience level. I would look for a low wing sport prop plane as your second plane. Get some low wing experience before progressing to WWII birds and jets.
    Hate to see you get in over your head and get discouraged.

Comment

What he said, but get the spit!

Comment

Originally posted by Waconut View Post
        I am afraid both will be a bit much with your experience level. I would look for a low wing sport prop plane as your second plane. Get some low wing experience before progressing to WWII birds and jets.
        Hate to see you get in over your head and get discouraged.
        First of all thanks for the reply ! I do understand what you are saying but my question was about those 2 planes. I do get that I dont have much experience in the hobby etc but what will get me out of the hobby and discouraged is flying a plane that I dont look forward to fly ... To me its not just about flying but its about building your plane, modifing it, custom pain job on it etc etc. Buying another low wing trainer dont interest me one bit ...

I do understand that yes it might be a bit of a step up from my apprentice sts. I do understand that I might crash the new plane... But we're not talking about a 4-5000 $ airplane but a 4-500 $ dollars and in my experience very few crash are complete write off of the plane.

My question was more about those 2 planes if maybe someone who own both could let me know witch one would be his first choice and why. I do quite a bit of aerobatic in my STS but I want to move into more power and more what I want to fly.

Thanks

Comment

Based on the criteria of grass ops I would say the Spitty. Most EDF's are turf problematic unless your launching from grass shorn like a golf course fairway.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I have both and the Flightline 1600 (both the 1200 and 1600) Spitfire is a dream to fly. Very docile behavior. You will need to learn how a tail dragger handles on the ground but, again, the big FL handles really well especially for a Spitfire. You said grass and the spit has good sized wheels and handles grass well.

Why not the F-18? Well, on grass it's not very good. You also have a EDF scale jet that is just not as easy to fly.

Add to that the Spitfire is cheaper...

Comment

I don't have direct experience with either of these planes, but I do with Spitfires and FW EDFs, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

A Spitfire typically won't be difficult to fly, once it's in the air. Some are prone to accelerated stalls and I've seen video of the FL one doing so, but only with excessive elevator throws. If you're gentle with it, it doesn't look at all like it'll bite.

On the ground, the Spitfire can be more of a challenge though. All of them have a relatively narrow gear stance, which makes them more likely to tip over with rapid control corrections left or right. Unless the geometry of the gear are changed, they tend to nose over. The smaller ones do at least, on grass, but I don't think the large FL version should have much trouble there. Add to this a relatively small rudder and the typical tail dragging war bird P-factor (and having to learn to be on the elevator until the rudder gains authority) and you have a plane that's significantly more difficult to get airborne than what you're used to, but once airborne, it's just another low wing prop in terms of difficulty to fly as long as you watch over controlling on the elevator.

The F-18 looks like a pretty good EDF for a true intermediate pilot (I would not recommend it as a first EDF regardless), but it will be harder to fly once it's in the air vs. the Spit. The trike gear make ground handling easier, but higher wing loading, lower power, no prop wash over the control surfaces and the challenge accelerating quickly will make it more of a challenge to fly. It'll land different too, in order to slow it down you'll need to learn to land high alpha and to manage the descent with power, most likely. A power-off 180 degree base to final turn will be difficult to accomplish without a stall vs. the Spit, for instance, particularly at speeds you're used to with an Apprentice. Power off landings in general will be harder, much harder, than what you're used to. I think this one is more likely to bite with a stall from trying to take off too early, it's easier to do with a tail dragger accidentally as you hold elevator to keep from nosing over.

My recollection of how the Apprentice flies vs. either of these planes is that it's very, very lightly wing loaded, more stable, much slower and of course less complex. The landing behavior is basically close the throttle in Ohio and you'll float all the way to Illinois...neither of these planes will behave like that. Either will be a fairly large step up, particularly if you're still using training aids like SAFE. Both will land faster (but the F-18 particularly so) or they will stall. The Spit you'll need to learn to use your rudder a lot more than you have so far, especially on the ground and the ground handling might be frustrating. The F-18 will be easy in comparison (on the ground), but landing it without breaking anything will be the challenge, if you get it airborne. On grass, you'll need a long T/O run and a rearward CG. I'd recommend going for the High Power version if you do choose this one, you won't regret that decision, but I fear it'll be a pile of packing peanuts sooner than the Spit. With the Spit, buy extra props and main gear pins as I foresee a few mishaps as you learn to T/O and land.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                I have both and the Flightline 1600 (both the 1200 and 1600) Spitfire is a dream to fly. Very docile behavior. You will need to learn how a tail dragger handles on the ground but, again, the big FL handles really well especially for a Spitfire. You said grass and the spit has good sized wheels and handles grass well.

Why not the F-18? Well, on grass it's not very good. You also have a EDF scale jet that is just not as easy to fly.

Add to that the Spitfire is cheaper...
                Thanks Alot ! that is exactly what I was looking for thanks !

My reading and watching video it feel like the spit is very docile to fly I am just scared of the ground operations ... hehe But then I plan to probably ask one of my instructor from last summer to boddy box with me the first few flight to see If I can handle it or not ...
                Thanks for your time !

Comment

Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
                  I don't have direct experience with either of these planes, but I do with Spitfires and FW EDFs, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

A Spitfire typically won't be difficult to fly, once it's in the air. Some are prone to accelerated stalls and I've seen video of the FL one doing so, but only with excessive elevator throws. If you're gentle with it, it doesn't look at all like it'll bite.

On the ground, the Spitfire can be more of a challenge though. All of them have a relatively narrow gear stance, which makes them more likely to tip over with rapid control corrections left or right. Unless the geometry of the gear are changed, they tend to nose over. The smaller ones do at least, on grass, but I don't think the large FL version should have much trouble there. Add to this a relatively small rudder and the typical tail dragging war bird P-factor (and having to learn to be on the elevator until the rudder gains authority) and you have a plane that's significantly more difficult to get airborne than what you're used to, but once airborne, it's just another low wing prop in terms of difficulty to fly as long as you watch over controlling on the elevator.

The F-18 looks like a pretty good EDF for a true intermediate pilot (I would not recommend it as a first EDF regardless), but it will be harder to fly once it's in the air vs. the Spit. The trike gear make ground handling easier, but higher wing loading, lower power, no prop wash over the control surfaces and the challenge accelerating quickly will make it more of a challenge to fly. It'll land different too, in order to slow it down you'll need to learn to land high alpha and to manage the descent with power, most likely. A power-off 180 degree base to final turn will be difficult to accomplish without a stall vs. the Spit, for instance, particularly at speeds you're used to with an Apprentice. Power off landings in general will be harder, much harder, than what you're used to. I think this one is more likely to bite with a stall from trying to take off too early, it's easier to do with a tail dragger accidentally as you hold elevator to keep from nosing over.

My recollection of how the Apprentice flies vs. either of these planes is that it's very, very lightly wing loaded, more stable, much slower and of course less complex. The landing behavior is basically close the throttle in Ohio and you'll float all the way to Illinois...neither of these planes will behave like that. Either will be a fairly large step up, particularly if you're still using training aids like SAFE. Both will land faster (but the F-18 particularly so) or they will stall. The Spit you'll need to learn to use your rudder a lot more than you have so far, especially on the ground and the ground handling might be frustrating. The F-18 will be easy in comparison (on the ground), but landing it without breaking anything will be the challenge, if you get it airborne. On grass, you'll need a long T/O run and a rearward CG. I'd recommend going for the High Power version if you do choose this one, you won't regret that decision, but I fear it'll be a pile of packing peanuts sooner than the Spit. With the Spit, buy extra props and main gear pins as I foresee a few mishaps as you learn to T/O and land.
                  Thanks !! much appreciataed !!

I never used the safe mode on my Apprentice except a few time the panic mode to get back level and my first few solo flight on T/O and landing.

I also think the spit will be better to fly I am just scared of ground ops hehe

Thanks

Comment

Hey guys ! What about that one ? E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m with Smart Technology(EFL01250)

Are P-51 better on ground handling ? Its more pricer but I could buy this one in Canada and Avoid the 72 USD shipping cost + it come with the receiver and telemetry.

Would be glad to hear you guys opinions !!

Thanks

Comment

None of the planes mentioned so far would make for a good second plane. If flying an Apprentice is all you’ve done and “a bit of experience” is all you have, then these “intermediate” models will most likely be a huge handful. I think you should set your sights a little lower (maybe a lot lower). The Eflite P-51 is a beautiful plane but like the F-18 and Spitfire, it’s in a whole other price ball park from your Apprentice. Watch a few more of the first reviews on this plane. Even the “experienced” guys had trouble getting it off the ground and landing it. Taking off, it tended to wander to the left and after lift off, it wants to torque over. Remember, this is in the hands of seasoned pilots. With beginner’s thumbs, that wander to the left can easily result in a “splatttt”. You might luck out and get it into the air, where upon it could torque over into a sudden left roll into the dirt and again, “splattt”. Prop blades will break and go everywhere. Retracts will snap out of their mounts and foam will get compressed - all in a matter of less than 30 seconds after you increase the throttle, assuming you don’t nose over in the grass and break all the blades. But let’s just say you are really much better than any of us think you might be and you manage to fly it till it’s time to land. Watch those vids again and see what this P-51 does on a maiden flight for experienced pilots. You’ll wonder where the trampoline came from. For a beginner, that second or third bounce will be the one to ruin your day. Saving that $72.00 US will seem like nothing. Something similar can be said about that Spit. Both fly really well but only if you can get it off the ground without mishap and you’ll be able to enjoy the next flight but only if the last landing didn’t break something.
                      And that F-18? You’ll quickly realize that your reflexes and response inputs don’t quite do the job when the thing’s going 100 mph and going away from you faster than you think it ever could. On the other hand, if money is not an issue, then none of the stuff I’ve said is of any significance to you. If that’s the case, go for it and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuudar View Post
                        Hey guys ! What about that one ? E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.5m with Smart Technology(EFL01250)

Are P-51 better on ground handling ? Its more pricer but I could buy this one in Canada and Avoid the 72 USD shipping cost + it come with the receiver and telemetry.

Would be glad to hear you guys opinions !!

Thanks
                        I think everyone's trying to tell you that from what you've described regarding your experience level, none of your choices are optimal, but I think the Mustang is worse than the Spitfire. I don't need to add anything to Xviper's post on that, he nailed it.

I also gathered from your response to Waconut that you have your head dead-set on buying something that might be a bit of a reach for your current skill level, so it was somewhat pointless to try to talk you out of doing so.

But if you'll indulge me for a moment...I started R/C when I was young; was interested in aviation since I could walk and had the basics of flight down from early flight simulators. With the benefit of that and reflexes/age, I was doing things in a few weeks some guys that didn't have the benefit of either of those things hadn't done in years, no exaggeration. I "outgrew" the standard choices/advice I was given very quickly so bought and sold a lot of RC aircraft, which of course since I had little to no money, was painful. So your post resonates with me.

My point being, however, none of us can truly tell from a post of yours without seeing you fly whether or not you're ready for one of these choices you're listing, but unless you're a gifted pilot, it's highly likely any of your choices will pose a challenge and you're likely to break things that add up quick in $. That doesn't mean you won't rise to the challenge, but you're not drawing on a full tank of experience regardless and some of that can be hard won. There are a lot of better training aids like simulators and pilot aids like gyros available now than when I started, but it also doesn't mean the advice you're being given is bad.

You may want to consider trying a simulator now, if you have not already. I don't find them all that fun nor will they behave exactly like the real thing, but it may be a way to brush up on some of the skills you'll need without breaking anything expensive. Consider it an investment. If I practiced more on a simulator my skills would have advanced more and be greater than they are now in general. I was a better pilot when I was younger than I am now and the lack of dedicated practice plays a role.

Comment

I'd recommend getting a flight simulator. All the planes, jets and helis you want, instant refueling and lots of zero cost instant repairs!

Just sayin'!

Comment

The FL 1600 Spit ground handles much better than the EF 1500 P-51. I think it also flies better, looks better in flight and is better quality, though the EF does have better quality than the 1450 P-51 that came before it.

Comment

I echo what Nuudar and ridgerunner recommended. Buying a simulator is a smart move. I still fly a simulator at least twice a week after 30+ years of flying. It never gets old, and it always teaches lessons with less crash-cost! Of course, there are many of us who learned how to fly without using a simulator, but in my opinion, the technology available these days exists to help us. You mention you're considering buying a gyro-stabilized airplane with telemetry... that's a lot of technology that beginners 20 years ago didn't have. If you're willing to spend money and [potential repair] time with a technology-enhanced airplane, there is no downside to also taking advantage of the RC simulator technology available these days as well.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Thanks Everyone for your comments ! First I guess I will clarify a bit more what I mean by a bit of experience, I dont have 15-20 or 30 years of experience. I started to fly late last summer after spending a bit of time on RC flight sim, got my wings withing 3 days ( 20 or so flight ) and was flying solo, I am looking now to buy a plane during winter and probably try to find a Sim that have that plane so I pratice over winter on it before next season.

The apprentice is a fun plane as it can do alot of stuff ( pretty much everything ) but its kinda slow and too predictable... What I mean is its kinda impossible to crash even in expert mode its so stable, and to be honest I did not get into the hobby to fly that plane.

Flight simulator time I have in RC is about 15 hours as my Flight sim is old and graphic are terrible so its really boring ( all the good flight sim Ive see are like 100 $ dollars insane ). Ridegerunner if you were talking about Real flight sim I do have like 3500 hours of flight sim X and 7 hours of real flight time ( Yes like alot of people I wanted to be a pilot at one point ! )

As per money like I said its not really a Issue for a 500 $ plane really ( divorced so no more wife to tell me no :P ) . To me the waste of money would be on a another pane that I dont want to fly and might outgrow too quick. I do understand like I stated before that I might have to repair or replace stuff but I think everyone had a bad day flying even after 20 year + experience. I am a Aircraft Mecanic with and a little repair is not scraring me too much.

Like I stated before to me its not just flying the plane but customising it and just enjoying looking at it.

After seeing alot more video on the P-51 ( especialy Pilot Ryan one ) I scratched that plane from my list hehehe. I was just trying to look for a different warbird after everyone was trying to pull me away from the Spit, and when you see that safe tech on a plane it kinda make you think it might be a easier plane ( why would experienced pilot need a safe tech ? ).

-What RC flight Sim you guys using thats decent but not crasy expensive ?
                                - You guys have recommandations about a warbird that would be easier ? Since all those I find seems not lol

Thanks again guys !! I appreciate all your comments especialy those constructive !

Comment

... Get the big Spitfire....

The only other warbird I would recommend is a bigger (at least 1400) T-28 but the 1600 Spitfire really is that easy to fly...

Comment

Hi !

I am pretty new to the hobby of flying RC plane ! :). I've been flying my apprentice STS for some time now and I am starting to look on for my second planes( probably next year). What got me into the hobby was eventually to fly a Spitfire and a F-18 C Legacy. So I am of course looking to buy one of those as my second planes and I want some thought from more seasoned pilots :) .

Both planes are rated as " intermadiate" on motion rc. I think both will fly great I am pretty sure but I am a bit scared of the Spitfire landing and takeoff ...

My RC field only have a grass runway so I will be operating on Grass.

So what's you guys tough for a new pilot with a bit of experience? I plan to put a Gyro on any of those as my second planes.

Thanks !
                                    As usual, I'm late to the party but agree with everyone's assessment so far. My wife also has the 60" Apprentice that I fly with her on the buddy box and while it flies way too easy, the Spitfire and F-18 are almost nothing like it. I think after learning on an Apprentice, you may actually have developed some bad techniques for not only landing a warbird or EDF, but also taking off. The flight simulator helps (still use mine to keep consistent with landing and working on 3D maneuvers), but IMO, the take-off and landing of a warbird on the simulator doesn't really even show the same characteristics you'll need to develop for the real thing. While the Spitfire IMO is a true pleasure to fly, I believe you will have a hell of a time learning how to take-off and land after only flying an Apprentice. Tail dragging warbirds love to rotate left on take-off from the counter-rotating prop wash hitting the rudder from the left. You will need to learn how to advance the throttle evenly and slowly (can't punch it), all the while steering heavily with the rudder. You will also need to let the tail come up, but need to keep the attitude level while accelerating. If you don't, the nose will grind into the ground or if it is too high, it will take off before reaching V1 and stall 6 feet off the runway, rolling left and crashing. So now you'll need to use virtually all 4 control surfaces at the same time, not like you're used to. On landing, you will need to keep some throttle (you can't cut it and let it float in like you're used to) and land with some speed at a perfectly level attitude on the mains, as a 3 pointer with the Spitfire can easily break the tail wheel. I have no doubt in the air you'll have no problem, just getting it there to begin with and bringing her home. You may want to try a smaller 48" tail dragging warbird first and use that as a trainer, but at some point, you will love to have the Spitfire, just don't want you to get discouraged if you do it first and find it's NO Apprentice!

Regarding a first EDF, I would suggest the Avanti. I love my F-18, but think the Avanti is a super trainer EDF, although it's so versatile, it can do anything and always take it with me when flying the EDF's to try and perfect new drastic maneuvers with before doing it with my other scale jets. It takes off easily (yes, this you can punch the throttle and it will ease off the runway when it's ready) and landing is almost similar to the Apprentice, it floats in nicely at slow speed and you can flair at the end to keep the nose up. It also flies extremely well at 50% throttle, so when you feel you're ready and feel the need for speed, it's definitely there. Landing the scale EDF's are slightly more challenging, but the air speed of an EDF will catch you off guard at first, especially after flying the Apprentice. At those higher speeds, even minor surface deflections are must more drastic than what you may be used to and it can quickly get ahead of you. After years of flying all kinds of prop planes, my first EDF was the Stinger 90. I flew it at almost full throttle (like what the hell did I know) and quickly lost orientation and found my stick movements way too drastic and almost augured it into the ground in the first 20 seconds.

The other thing you may want to consider is getting either a 48" (cost without receiver $450) or 62" (w/o receiver $800) ARF Extreme Flight Edge. These IMO fly even better than an Apprentice, but can do sooooo much more. Won't help you learn how to take-off or land a warbird (as easy as the Apprentice) but these are birds you'll keep flying forever, until you decide to move up to a 125" gas version. And you'll never stop learning new maneuvers with them. The quality is unsurpassed and can be built in a day or two with the right techniques.

So my recommendations are as follows (learn to walk fast before running a marathon):

1) Flight Simulator
                                    2) Get a 48" prop tail dragger warbird (like maybe the FL 47" Spitfire $229) AND the 80mm Avanti. Fly those 2 until the wings fall off, then get the bigger Spitfire and Corsair and the 90mm F-18.
                                    3) Get a 62" Extreme Flight plane and just have a hell of a good time with it until you can change your name to Jase Dussia #2.
                                    4) Put a gyro in whatever you get. I have the Spektrum AS3X in all my planes, but there are others out there as well just as good. The new AR637T is awesome, but is costly ($99) but I am so used to programming them I'm still with the "Devil I Know". I even have it in my 3D planes. They are easy to program right from your transmitter (although it seems difficult on the first one) and I can walk you through it and give you the appropriate gains for whatever plane you have, as I'm sure many others would also do for you here on the Squawk.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

1) Flight Simulator
                                      2) Get a 48" prop tail dragger warbird (like maybe the FL 47" Spitfire $229) AND the 80mm Avanti. Fly those 2 until the wings fall off, then get the bigger Spitfire and Corsair and the 90mm F-18.
                                      3) Get a 62" Extreme Flight plane and just have a hell of a good time with it until you can change your name to Jase Dussia #2.
                                      4) Put a gyro in whatever you get. I have the Spektrum AS3X in all my planes, but there are others out there as well just as good. The new AR637T is awesome, but is costly ($99) but I am so used to programming them I'm still with the "Devil I Know". I even have it in my 3D planes. They are easy to program right from your transmitter (although it seems difficult on the first one) and I can walk you through it and give you the appropriate gains for whatever plane you have, as I'm sure many others would also do for you here on the Squawk.
                                      Thanks Alot ! I appreciate it !

Yes I and flying a flight simulator and plan to buy a new one for winter sessions. Like I said I am looking for next season for a new plane and looking for advise.
                                      I guess I will lower my set up .. its just what got me into that hobby is a Spitfire with canadian marking and CF-18 2017 Demo colors but well I guess I will wait ...

I also plan to have a Gyro in all my planes IM a big fan of AS3X. I am now looking to buy a smaller warbird and a more stable plaform in the form of a P-47 Razorback from E-Flite ( can be bought in canada also a +) with AS3X and safe + its cheaper and use the same battries as the apprentice so cheaper and more stable should do it for me.

I will look into the Avanti for my first EDF in few years It look nice for a first EDF thans for the recomandations !

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Alot ! I appreciate it !

Yes I and flying a flight simulator and plan to buy a new one for winter sessions. Like I said I am looking for next season for a new plane and looking for advise.
                                        I guess I will lower my set up .. its just what got me into that hobby is a Spitfire with canadian marking and CF-18 2017 Demo colors but well I guess I will wait ...

I also plan to have a Gyro in all my planes IM a big fan of AS3X. I am now looking to buy a smaller warbird and a more stable plaform in the form of a P-47 Razorback from E-Flite ( can be bought in canada also a +) with AS3X and safe + its cheaper and use the same battries as the apprentice so cheaper and more stable should do it for me.

I will look into the Avanti for my first EDF in few years It look nice for a first EDF thans for the recomandations !

Thanks
                                        If you're looking for something Canadian, check out my F-18 on this You Tube Video: https://youtu.be/JMQTuHvB4yA

Canucks Rule!
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                        X