X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Avanti on table

Is there any way i can check how long a battery will last on a Avanti EDF Jet its ok to check without flying it. Its easy with a Prop driven model.

Would the use of a house fan help i heard you should not run an EDF Jet without actually flying it.

People run these things on the bench with a watt meter attached for a few seconds at max throttle but to do it to see how long the battery will last is really not necessary and some will tell you it’s not wise. Most people with a new plane will maiden it with the timer set very, very conservatively (2.5 minutes for an EDF like the Avanti). Take off, get it trimmed over a couple of circuits, land, check battery for amount of juice used, adjust timer for next run based on what you read on the checker.
    But it’s your plane. Do with it what you feel you need to do and accept the consequences.

Comment

I have a timer set to 4 minutes on a 5000 mah pack, i set up for landing at 4 minutes, and land at about 4:45. This is with mixed throttle control. If you rat bag it, 3 minutes.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies i wont be testing on the table i need to get a better battery for it the 6000 6s from Admiral is too heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabunag65 View Post
          Many thanks for the replies i wont be testing on the table i need to get a better battery for it the 6000 6s from Admiral is too heavy.
          Really? I've used some very heavy 5000's in this plane and it's flies quite nicely. The 5000 LiPos that I use are equivalent in size and weight as most other 5600 - 5700 mah batteries. Eg. Turnigy Heavy Duty, Revolectrix and ChinaHobbyLine. In fact, those are slightly heavier than the Admiral 6000. Take a look at the Admiral 5100 "Carbon". It's heavier than the 6000. I think it's very forgiving of slightly altered CG.

Comment

Working...
          X