X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 4000 lipo for Avanti

My first flight with Avanti was using a Admiral 6000 6s 50c it took all of the grass runway to get off no flaps where used and no wind.

Can someone recommend a good 4000 6s i think the lighter battery will help take off are those Graphine Batteries worth the extra cost, thank you.

​​​​​​​The field can be seen at perth model flying club.

OK, now I see why you want a lighter battery. I flew my Avanti off very rough prairie field that was mowed. The Avanti did just fine but you have to take off a certain way. You can't attempt to do a "scale" take off. IE, you must give it full throttle right from the start. You should use take off flaps (1/2 flaps). You should use high rates on the elevator to aid in rotation, but put it back to mid or low rates once off the ground. The Avanti S is a "floater" and can fly very slowly at low power, meaning that it doesn't take much airspeed to fly. I can get almost 10 minutes flight time if I just idle it around and not use a lot of throttle. I don't normally fly my planes like that but did it just to prove a point.
    (Or are you talking about the FMS Avanti? I didn't have one of those so my points don't apply to that one.)

PS. Oh, the Admiral Pro 4000 is a pretty good battery. But check Gens Ace, Roaring Top for their weights so you know what you're getting.

Comment

Working...
    X