X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 70mm A10 Thunderbolt II question

I had the opportunity to purchase an FMS 70mm A10 Thunderbolt II from a hobby shop that was closing, so I did. Not being a seasoned pilot, I was wondering if I could use a AR636B DSMX 6 channel AS3X Sport Receiver in this plane? All of my planes have the SAFE select feature in them and I would feel much better if I had this in this plane as well (or something similar).
    Has anyone done this before or can offer some advise?

Thanks

Just a personal view, but if you're not comfortable flying without an auto levelling flight mode, it's probably a little soon to be taking on a 1.5m 4kg A-10. Dont rush things :)

As to the actual question at hand, yes, you could use an AR636 and set it up with SAFE select - however, you will need to learn how to program the receiver. You cant simply throw one in from another model and expect it to work.

If it's the updated version of the A-10 (black and white camo) it should have the reflex gyro system in it, which has an auto-level mode similar to SAFE.

Seriously though, put it together, admire it, but dont fly it until you're ready. It's a beautiful jet and you will enjoy flying it one day. Good luck!

Comment

I've been flying with the SAFE Select for a little while now and to be honest... I'm having a difficult time flying without it. I did just put the A10 together and it makes me want to fly it that much more. This is not the V2 with black and white camo but the earlier version instead. I was also looking into the REFLEX system but wasn't familiar with it.

Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
      X