X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing su 35 rx set ups

I havent maiden this su 35 yet , i have my rx in and i Y harnnesed the vectors to the rudder side to side and elevator up and down , i have read not to use vector on Maid flight , but with them moving with the rudder and elevator will there be a bunch of negative effect

My VT nozzles are always ON and linked to RUD and ELE and AIL. If it's your first couple of flights, fly on low rates and experiment with high rates when it's high up so you know what it does. If you plan to do flat spins, it's much easier to do when the RUD vector is on high rates. RUD on low rates don't do anything alarming but that depends on what you have for low rates. On my V2 Freewing F/A-18, it has NO actual rudders. Even with VT nozzles on RUD duty, yaw control on landing is limited on high rates unless there is good thrust going out the back. "Negative" affects is in the eye of the pilot. Where one person may find what VT does is startling, another may find it unassuming.

Comment

Thanks for your in put, im not trying to do flat spins at all , at this point i just want this maiden to go well and all information i can get on this bird i know is best , i just finished up puting the last pieces together and love the looks of ir. Trying to make sure i can bring it back home like my A10 warthog .

Comment

I seen the videos on cutting the top part of fuselage and placing the rx behind the battery tray and inserting carbon rods in the tail wings does everyony do this , i will if it strenghtens this machine

Comment

If i put the vector up and down y harrness them togather and then put them on ax 3 then in tx int that channel will the vectors stay centered, that way durning maiden no chance of them getting turned on.

Comment

Originally posted by A10warthog View Post
            If i put the vector up and down y harrness them togather and then put them on ax 3 then in tx int that channel will the vectors stay centered, that way durning maiden no chance of them getting turned on.
            I take it the word in red is supposed to be “inh”? That would work, but also, if you do a mix for “ELE > AUX3” and leave it at 0%, then they will stay centered. You can also apply a percentage but make it only active on a chosen switch position.

Comment

Xviper hey thank you for taking the time to walk me through this one, im trying to get all the home work done on this bird so i can go maiden it. And yes it was suppose to be "inh" i like your tip for the mix , that one is going in on this one.

Comment

Just test it before you go up to make sure that the nozzles are defeated by how you've programmed.

Comment

Got it , what about the elevators, is there an angle they should be set at or just flat when set on level ground

Comment

Got it , what about the elevators, is there an angle they should be set at or just flat when set on level ground
                    I can't remember now but take a look in the manual. It may give you a starting reference point for the elevators. I seem to recall there's a bit of UP elevator for neutral flight.

Comment

Ok i was thinkin that too, ill look tonight , gettin closer , have you heard of anyone using a ax3s with safe reciever on this plane , i personly like the recievers i have them in my habu sts and a10 warthog ,

Comment

No, I haven't. If you're going that route, you should consider getting the AR637T and do the forward programming via your TX if you have any of the Gen2 line. The other choice is to get one of the AR636s that come on the Eflite SU-30 since the two planes have similar control surfaces (except for the TV nozzles). Or just get the SU-30 program and put it onto the 37T. The cheaper (and almost as good) way to go is to put a HobbyEagle A3-L to gyro control the 3 main control surfaces. You won't have SAFE.

Comment

My set up is a DX 8e with forward programming and a ar630 receiver, i have the programmer cable but not the su 30 program where do you get that , ar 630 and above has the gyro built in to it, thats what the safe flite uses,
                          i have programmed 2 of them put wasn't sure what program to use with this su 35

Comment

i read some where people were putting air holes for the esc's threw the plane into the intakes from infront of the the esc,s

Comment

My set up is a DX 8e with forward programming and a ar630 receiver, i have the programmer cable but not the su 30 program where do you get that , ar 630 and above has the gyro built in to it, thats what the safe flite uses,
                              i have programmed 2 of them put wasn't sure what program to use with this su 35
                              Go to Horizon Hobby or Spektrum to find the RX set up for the SU-30.

Comment

i read some where people were putting air holes for the esc's threw the plane into the intakes from infront of the the esc,s
                                I can't comment on that as I've not heard of this. Mine is stock and the ESCs seem to be fine. However, I guess if you fly your plane battery after battery with little breaks in between, I suppose the ESCs could get hot-ish.

Comment

yeah i looked its got plenty of cooling vents, so that's out , i did find the su 29 but still looking for the su 30 file, i just updated my receiver so that done everything hooked up , and i did what you subjusted with the vectors and they are dead centered with no input available , so so close

Comment

The SU-29 is a 3D prop plane. That program won't work.
                                    Take a look at the gains and priorities for your A-10 and forward program those numbers into the SU-35 but lower the gains a little till you see how it flies. SAFE should work the same way.

Comment

what wing type is this

Comment

that will work i love my A10 throws

Comment

Working...
                                        X