X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti 80mm edf

Can I replace my 9 blades with the old 12 blades using the same in runner motor?

How have you guys installed the Aura 8 in the Avanti? I tried to set it up with 1 aileron, 1 flap, 2 elevator, 1 rudder. All work except the ailerons. They appear to be couple to the elevators but I have them on port 1 on the Aura. Running SBus from rx to Aura. Weird. Also, what gyro settings are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Shannah View Post
      How have you guys installed the Aura 8 in the Avanti? I tried to set it up with 1 aileron, 1 flap, 2 elevator, 1 rudder. All work except the ailerons. They appear to be couple to the elevators but I have them on port 1 on the Aura. Running SBus from rx to Aura. Weird. Also, what gyro settings are you using?
      Hi Shannah, I am right in the middle of the same thing, here is my setup and it is working correctly. I left the flaps, gear and throttle servos on the Spektrum receiver. I am struggling with the rates right now though, not sure what kind of throws to have in all 3 flight modes. People have said that you should do all of your settings in the Aura config and not on your transmitter but I still had to do some servo reversing on the transmitter and then reverse the gyro response direction on the Aura in some cases. Its been a "learning" experience. Some have said they dumped their Aura's for the Demon Cortex because the Demon is a much easier setup but costs 3 times as much. I have bought a couple Aura's on RCG.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti Aura Config Tool.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	302663

Comment

I see you are using a 2 Aileron wing type. Have you split the ailerons from the control board?

Comment

Originally posted by SilentPilot View Post
          I see you are using a 2 Aileron wing type. Have you split the ailerons from the control board?
          No, I did not. The entire Avanti is wired as stock.

Comment

You should use a 1A wing type then!

Comment

Originally posted by SilentPilot View Post
              You should use a 1A wing type then!
              It is working as it should but I will try it your way to see, I am curious if there is a difference. I have the aileron lead in S3, the elevator lead in S4 and the rudder lead in S5 and everything is working as it should. If you look at the "spare parts" list on the Motion RC web site there are four different servos listed for the Avanti. The main difference is lead length but they do have a servo with a 750mm lead and a reverse servo with a 750mm lead. Not sure where they are used, it could be either the elevator or aileron. It would make sense it was for the aileron because they are mounted opposed and it would require a reverse servo. If this is the case they could be "Y" ed into the system and operate correctly with just one lead to the receiver/Aura.

In one of the Aura instruction documents I found this note.......

Name:	Aura Ports.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	302731

Name:	Aileron Servos.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	302730

Comment

Using a 2A wing type will work with only one aileron (or 2 on a Y like the Avanti) but it will offer options like differential which if used will have undesirable effects.

Comment

A variety of 3D printable nozzles for the Avanti S.

The rear of the FW Avanti S looks unfinished. Here is a set of nozzles for the 80mm Avanti S, in a variety of styles from civilian noise abatement to MiG to F-4 to F-16 variable geometry to F-35 stealth. Print parameters are not important - choose infill and wall thickness according to weight needs.

Comment

Working...
                  X