You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Discussion] Looking for any info on this new gem I found (Venom F-86 W/ Pneumatic retracts)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Discussion] Looking for any info on this new gem I found (Venom F-86 W/ Pneumatic retracts)

Hey Fellas! Long time since I've been posting but either way, I found a new one to talk about.
    I was out flying yesterday at my local club, and found this gem one of the guys had hanging in his shed. (Pictures attached)
    I got it for a good deal, and he had never flown it, he had gotten it from a guy who almost every item traded around here passes through. So I am going through it currently, but it still blows my mind that a foamie from 2010 has factory pneumatic retracts. If you have any info, parts, or just general questions about this let me know. I am looking to get some spares if anyone has some.

Can't wait to see some of the posts on this thread, hope yall had a great Thanksgiving! (Yes i went and flew on Thanksgiving)

THE best F-86 anyone has made yet - bar none. Has flight characteristics that are completely predictable and forgiving, no vices of any discernable nature. It is not the fastest EDF by a long shot, and pumping obscene levels of power into it does not provide equal levels of return - mostly, all that does is make it heavy. It can be made to go faster than the stock fan pushes it.....but not by heaps. But it flies so well, and looks so dang perfect, that any deficiencies don’t really matter.

It has been described as a wonderful EDF trainer, maybe even the best as it is so very stable and predictable. Having flaps and speed brakes add immeasurably to the satisfaction of seeing it in flight, and even work well without causing any upset. The air retracts work well, and are generally reliable when set up with care. They are not invincible and will wear in less time than you would hope - as replacements aren’t really available anymore, electrics will take their place.

There is a long thread for it over on RCG, with lots of info and ideas. Enjoy this one, since it will likely be in your hangar for a long time to come.

Comment

Sounds good! Luckily a guy who is local to me had a brand new one in the box so i picked that up aswell!

Comment

Working...
      X