Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig-29 twin 80mm Receiver / Gyro

Hey guys,

So I'm curious as to how many of y'all are flying with gyros or not. If so, what brands are working best and where do you have them mounted?? I fly futaba and just looking for the best receiver/gyro selection..or if this bird even needs a gyro. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

I don't. This plane is very stable.

Comment

I use the Guardian 2D/3D gyro and love how it performs.

Comment

I don't feel a need for a gyro in this plane. It's quite stable, even in cross winds. However, when I install the VT nozzles, I may put one to control the nozzles but that also depends on whether or not I elect to go with only pitch on the nozzles or the full meal deal - pitch, roll and yaw. If full meal deal, I'll put the gyro in the nose where my RX is - makes it easy to hook everything up. Plus, a very cheap, simple and basic gyro like the A3-L is just fine.
        In my SebArt Mig, I used a Freewing gyro for the control surfaces and an A3-L for the nozzles, but that jet is a true hovering jet where there are times when there is no airflow over the control surfaces. The nozzles are a must to keep from doing a lawn dart.

Comment

Working...
        X