X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complete newbie out of my depth F18

My wife bought me the fms f18 70mm for my birthday also with this was a spektrum dx6e controller and an ar620 receiver for the life of me i just cannot get these things to connect, wired as the manual says and no luck, any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Thank You.

Would seem like you are new to R/C airplanes ? If so the F-18 is probably going to be a handful anyway. Do you have a hobby shop or local R/C club close by ? If you do, suggest taking everything With you and meeting there. Hard to help on these threads without much more info on your particular stumbling block.

Comment

If you are going by page 6 of the FMS manual, that's likely where you went wrong. It's got the channel numbers labeled for a non-Spektrum receiver. The AR620 is NOT like that. Ch.1 is generally "throttle", Ch.2 is AIL, Ch.3 is ELE. 4 to 6 is the same. If this is your very first RC airplane, I would suggest that you get some help from a hobby shop near you or from someone at your local flying field. Read over the manual for the DX6e and for the AR620. The DX6e may not provide you with the features needed to correctly set up this plane.
      Additionally, if this is your very first RC plane, it might not be a good idea to start with it before you learn on a trainer plane. This F-18 is a very fast plane and can be very touchy. Lacking any other flying experience, this plane may last you about 30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by captainclegg View Post
        My wife bought me the fms f18 70mm for my birthday also with this was a spektrum dx6e controller and an ar620 receiver for the life of me i just cannot get these things to connect, wired as the manual says and no luck, any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Thank You.
        Can you be more precise?

How much R/C experience do you have?

Did you read the transmitter and receiver manuals?

Do you see any lights (steady or flashing) on the receiver?

When you say they don't connect, do you mean there's no response at all, or that the control surfaces move but incorrectly?

Etc.

Comment

Wow i wish i had an email notification that someone wanted to help, just took this thing out about 5 minutes ago plugged in and its going nuts, sorry, so the controller is a Spektrum dx6e the reciever is AR620 the plane is 70mm fa18f it just seems nothing will line up and work correctly

Comment

You need to go to your user settings and make sure you've got email notifications turned ON. Now that you've visited this thread again after 3 months, you still have not answered any of the questions ask of you.

Comment

Working...
            X