X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawker Hunter

how many guys would like to see a Hawker Hunter.
    Attached Files

Me.

I have the FlyFly 90mm one. The kit quality was awful (that's an understatement) but after a lot of work it does end up as an excellent flyer. Dynam is bringing one out but Dynam kits are also of marginal quality (especially the hardware),

I'd like one with Freewing or FMS quality

Comment

Same here...used to have the flyfly version with the JePe mods (glassed) on 10s which made it an excellent jet. With the inlets in the wings it had a great sound also. Would love to see a freewing version.

Comment

World record that still stands 62 years later.

Comment

kallend That is nuts.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	hunter small.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	296745

If you're not too lazy, this is what you can get of the white (non-painted) FlyFly Hunter. This one is glassed, painted and contains a Wemotec blower at 6s. I'm quite a little proud of what I achieved with the ****ty kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Horbach View Post

If you're not too lazy, this is what you can get of the white (non-painted) FlyFly Hunter. This one is glassed, painted and contains a Wemotec blower at 6s. I'm quite a little proud of what I achieved with the ****ty kit.
              Very nice. Here's my FlyFly, but it didn't come with a beer.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                kallend That is nuts.
                In 1994, when the Hunter was retired from Swiss Air Force, they celebrated it with a formation of 40 Hunters! I was there, watching all of them take off in formations of three was truly amazing. But sadly, they didn't loop, at least not over the crowd... :-(

Here's a scan of a lousy photo I made that day:

Name:	hoenterform.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	296758

Comment

Ah, Swiss Hunters. Another FlyFly in JePe style here, no beer. I'd like a Freewing version as well! 90mm, please! No cheater hole needed, btw.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hunter.JPG Views:	0 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	296761

Comment

Horbach You caught one guy breaking formation!

Comment

Name:	image_71321.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	310997 Here is my Dynam Hunter, after a repaint. as the Mk 3 WB188

Comment

I would highly appreciate a Hawker Hunter version designed by Freewing/FMS and since this bird is pretty popular why not engineering it with the option for the double seater version as well??!! Same fuselage but would come along with just a longer and wider front fuselage part due to pilot and navigator sitting side-by-side and not behind each other.... reminds me well back at my Swiss Air Force service back in the late eighties...

​​ ​​

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                          Ah, Swiss Hunters. Another FlyFly in JePe style here, no beer. I'd like a Freewing version as well! 90mm, please! No cheater hole needed, btw.

Click image for larger version Name:	Hunter.JPG Views:	0 Size:	165.0 KB ID:	296761
                          Nice job closing the big gap between the wing and fuselage. That took a lot of effort on my FlyFly Hunter and I still didn't get it as nice as yours.

Comment

Here's my FlyFly Hunter. I re-did the rear end to be like the one whose markings I copied.

Name:	IMG_3604.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	311075Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3605.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	311073
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is also a FlyFly kit. As others stated, it is a gentle flyer, very graceful but the kit is "a challenge" Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunter 4.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	311080

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                                Here's my FlyFly Hunter. I re-did the rear end to be like the one whose markings I copied.

Name:	IMG_3604.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	311075Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3605.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	311073
                                That's the dogs nuts............ looks absolutely superb and I suspect it flies as good as it looks?

I too would be "forced " to buy a Hunter if Freewing produced one (80 or 90mm preferably) ...... not only is it a jet that I adore but one of my flying colleagues is a ex-Hunter pilot and I know for fact that he would be more than a little impressed to see a decent Hunter being flown at our club!

So ....... come on Freewing there's demand for this plane (in a proper RAF camo scheme please)!!

Comment

I posted the STL files for a bunch of miscellaneous parts for the Dynam Hawker Hunter on Thingiverse:

Various parts to customize the Dynam 70mm Hawker Hunter. Pointed nose cone for the Mk 3 version Tail cone for the Mk3 and other early versions Nose gear brace Main LG mount and filler to move the retracts inwards by 25mm and allow shorter gear legs.

Comment

Working...
                                  X