X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First large jet recommendations

Looking to get my first larger size sport jet. I want something I can start off flying a little slower and grow into the speed. I've flown a few 64mm jets successfully.

I am leaning towards the Freewing Avanti S but am open to all suggestions. I could get the EF Viper but am afraid I'll outgrow it too fast. Any thoughts?

I just got an Avanti and can’t wait to get it in the air

I too cut my teeth on 64mm then got a 70mm F16
    The F16 is an absolute delight in the air but ground handling can be a problem. The gear is extremely narrow and short coupled which means it tips over easily. Not a problem if you don’t mind removing the missiles from the tips and putting reinforcement under the leading edge though.

A big reason for getting the Avanti was for better ground handling in wind.

Comment

The 70mm F-16 V2 is great and the Avanti S is a treat to fly and land. I would go with the Avanti S myself. Although the 70mm F-16 would be good too from a progression stand point but like SilentPilot said, the close tracking gear can make ground handling a bit of an issue.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Of course Avanti is a good choice. The downside is that it is slightly uninteresting just because everybody has one. But of course there is a reason everybody has one: it is too good not to buy one. The range of speed is amazing - high performance, but can slow down like a trainer for landing.

But I also wanted to mention also the Eflite Habu. It is a new 70mm. I haven't flown it, but I watched a couple flights of a club member, and talked to him about it. It seems to also have a very wide envelope, maybe lands even easier than the Avanti. But it seemed also quite capable in the air. You might consider that also.

Comment

Well I pulled the trigger on the Avanti S. Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Comment

You won't regret it! Only jet I've ever owned where I could have sworn it came with a built-in gyro. Excellent jet.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

AR637T going in mine
              can't be too SAFE

Comment

Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                Of course Avanti is a good choice. The downside is that it is slightly uninteresting just because everybody has one. But of course there is a reason everybody has one: it is too good not to buy one. The range of speed is amazing - high performance, but can slow down like a trainer for landing.

But I also wanted to mention also the Eflite Habu. It is a new 70mm. I haven't flown it, but I watched a couple flights of a club member, and talked to him about it. It seems to also have a very wide envelope, maybe lands even easier than the Avanti. But it seemed also quite capable in the air. You might consider that also.
                Its the Eflite Habu STS to be exact. The latest from the "Habu" family of EDF jets. They do not make the orginal Habu anymore. (I had one and loved it! To think the power it would have now with better fans!)

Comment

Free wing Avanti is the best beginner to advanced EDF jet on the market check out this video. https://youtu.be/Oa025UCsf9U

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi41000 View Post
                    Free wing Avanti is the best beginner to advanced EDF jet on the market check out this video. https://youtu.be/Oa025UCsf9U
                    He asked for a Large jet recommendation. So let me fix that for you:

Free wing Avanti is the best beginner to advanced EDF jet on the market...

Comment

Working...
                    X