You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing to the Community. Great pilots and good information.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing to the Community. Great pilots and good information.

(124) HOBBYZONE ARROWS F-15 Eagle Twin 64mm 6s EDF jet FIRST LOOK & Unboxing By: RCINFORMER - YouTube This is RC Informer, he was a little hesitant back in the day with Motion RC. Because he teaches RC to most of the Florida RC community. He & Pete, his camera guy are phenomenal RC enthusiasts. I was fortunate enough to meet them both at the 2014 RC Expo. Assisting Banana Hobby in their marketing prowess. I was wiped out by the end of day three at the expo, super time! I'm getting back into RC again, after taking some personal time off. I wanted to take time out, to introduce where I come from. I've been into RC aircraft for many decades, just not consistent. I'd enjoy being more constant in the coming months. I'm just starting back, by posting some of my past experiences.

Welcome. Though I started into flying model airplanes before my father retired from the USAF and we moved to Florida my RC flying started there. We lived on Merritt Is where my aunt was secretary to Von Braun when he was at the Cape. I grew up around rockets from the Navy side where my uncle worked in the Navy’s labs in the DC area and then was at the Cape to test his theories. He designed the guidance systems for Poseidon as well as a system to get flight information. And obviously from the NASA side from Gemini to Apollo. While I met most of the original 7 it was as they flew later missions. I also was around the USAF’s missions as my mother and step father worked that side with many side trips to California. My step father was also on the engineering group for many McDonnell aircraft at St Louis and notably was part of the Navy’s acceptance and certification of the A-4 in L.A. and the creation of Japans rocket program in Tanegashima, where I was lucky enough to go to as well.

I was born in DC while my father was in the Manhattan Project and both he and us, the family, had specific evacuation sites. He was also a P-51 electrician when he first enlisted and went to Korea, we also lived in Uruguay in the early 60’s, he’s in Arlington.

I’m also retired military but Navy. Started out in aircraft electronics, mostly ACLAS/ ILS for A-7, A-6 and F-4 though I worked on many other aircraft. Part way through my career I moved to calibration/ metrology or what we call PMEL. Stationed on six aircraft carriers over the years... lived around the world, married while stationed in Spain, married in Gibraltar in the same room as John and Yoko. My now ex and kids live in Sevilla. My current wife of 27 years is Bahamian, we met on Guam during my second tour there. When we retired we moved here to Charlotte. I worked commercial calibration before going to work for ANSI where I was, among other things, our representative to ISO and wrote technical standards. I retired from that four years ago though I still teach some courses for them as a contractor.

For the most part I just fly my models now... Long story, I meant to just talk about learning to fly while living in Florida :)

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      Welcome. Though I started into flying model airplanes before my father retired from the USAF and we moved to Florida my RC flying started there. We lived on Merritt Is where my aunt was secretary to Von Braun when he was at the Cape. I grew up around rockets from the Navy side where my uncle worked in the Navy’s labs in the DC area and then was at the Cape to test his theories. He designed the guidance systems for Poseidon as well as a system to get flight information. And obviously from the NASA side from Gemini to Apollo. While I met most of the original 7 it was as they flew later missions. I also was around the USAF’s missions as my mother and step father worked that side with many side trips to California. My step father was also on the engineering group for many McDonnell aircraft at St Louis and notably was part of the Navy’s acceptance and certification of the A-4 in L.A. and the creation of Japans rocket program in Tanegashima, where I was lucky enough to go to as well.

I was born in DC while my father was in the Manhattan Project and both he and us, the family, had specific evacuation sites. He was also a P-51 electrician when he first enlisted and went to Korea, we also lived in Uruguay in the early 60’s, he’s in Arlington.

I’m also retired military but Navy. Started out in aircraft electronics, mostly ACLAS/ ILS for A-7, A-6 and F-4 though I worked on many other aircraft. Part way through my career I moved to calibration/ metrology or what we call PMEL. Stationed on six aircraft carriers over the years... lived around the world, married while stationed in Spain, married in Gibraltar in the same room as John and Yoko. My now ex and kids live in Sevilla. My current wife of 27 years is Bahamian, we met on Guam during my second tour there. When we retired we moved here to Charlotte. I worked commercial calibration before going to work for ANSI where I was, among other things, our representative to ISO and wrote technical standards. I retired from that four years ago though I still teach some courses for them as a contractor.

For the most part I just fly my models now... Long story, I meant to just talk about learning to fly while living in Florida :)
      Excellent very well said Evan D. Most people nowadays are afraid to share some history with others. I don't feel like it's a situation. We all have a pre-designed situation that got us into flying aircraft. Your story is quite complete and, really extraordinary. I can appreciate a "man" who tells it like it is. Along with no hesitation. Super cool to meet you here, it's a small world or a better world. Something we all can be proud to be an American. Thank you, for sharing this life story. Amazing! A+

Comment

Working...
      X