You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A very cool, possibly stable EPO jet. If someone would build it.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very cool, possibly stable EPO jet. If someone would build it.

This would be a fantastic Jet. In the EPO market, simple, yet elegant.
    Attached Files

The Viggen! The Swedes do make some cool jets!

Comment

FliteTest has had a foamboard Viggen for many years. I’ve had a couple of them myself. They are quite fun, cheap and easy to build. However, we’ve presently got the Gripen and Rafale. Both are deltas with canards. Both appear to have the typical delta wing rock where a gyro is needed to keep that under control. IMO, throw a Viggen into the mix and the Viggen is the ugly duckling of the 3. I’m not so sure the market could absorb 3 such models. Personally, I wouldn’t be interested in one. As much as I wanted the Rafale, I cancelled my order for now. (Significant negative public opinion surrounds it.) Although Freewing has likely sold every one they’ve made so far, with a second run on the way, I have a feeling that the Rafale will become another “fire sale” for Horizon before a year will have passed.

Comment

In the more-than 6 months we've been waiting since the Rafale was announced, we have had announcements AND deliveries of the Gripen, the F-15 from ArrowsRC, and a Hawker Hunter from Dynam. I too cancelled my Rafale order.

I wouldn't want a Viggen, but I'd go for a new Eurofighter.

Comment

It would be nice to have a large scale delta with canards. A twin edf. I'm a complete newb to EDFs, so maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture but the twin edfs seem to have a great speed and power envelope.

Comment

Have you seen this Saab before? I don't know why I am drawn to ugly planes so much. But I'd fly this! Click image for larger version

Name:	Saab-29-Tunnan.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	299756

Comment

That's funny. Sure, we've all had a chubby airplane before. Heck, I'd fly anything with Two Wings!

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                It would be nice to have a large scale delta with canards. A twin edf. I'm a complete newb to EDFs, so maybe I'm not seeing the whole picture but the twin edfs seem to have a great speed and power envelope.
                Oh, it's all how we present the information. As long as others can understand. I'm still a noob!

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                  In the more-than 6 months we've been waiting since the Rafale was announced, we have had announcements AND deliveries of the Gripen, the F-15 from ArrowsRC, and a Hawker Hunter from Dynam. I too cancelled my Rafale order.

I wouldn't want a Viggen, but I'd go for a new Eurofighter.
                  Oh, if they build it you will come. Ha! Alpha can build anything.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    FliteTest has had a foamboard Viggen for many years. I’ve had a couple of them myself. They are quite fun, cheap and easy to build. However, we’ve presently got the Gripen and Rafale. Both are deltas with canards. Both appear to have the typical delta wing rock where a gyro is needed to keep that under control. IMO, throw a Viggen into the mix and the Viggen is the ugly duckling of the 3. I’m not so sure the market could absorb 3 such models. Personally, I wouldn’t be interested in one. As much as I wanted the Rafale, I cancelled my order for now. (Significant negative public opinion surrounds it.) Although Freewing has likely sold every one they’ve made so far, with a second run on the way, I have a feeling that the Rafale will become another “fire sale” for Horizon before a year will have passed.
                    The flight test was more into the simple foam. They did a great job.

Comment

Working...
                    X