X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
    I had the same thing happen with the Admiral stabilized receiver an DX8 in two different planes, the 90mm F-22 and the 90mm F-18. Fortunately only temporary and regained control of both.
    That's because the newer Admiral stab receivers only have those 2 dinky little "diversity" wire antennas and no satellite. This (and many of the other new EDFs) plane has so many wires (both servo and power and some are very long runs) that without a proper satellite receiver, the signal can get lost depending on which way the plane is facing relative to the transmitter. I've stopped using those RXs without the satellites (Lemon equivalent).
    PS. I won't touch those "sugar cube" antenna-less Spektrum RXs for use in these planes with complicated and long wire runs.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      That's because the newer Admiral stab receivers only have those 2 dinky little "diversity" wire antennas and no satellite. This (and many of the other new EDFs) plane has so many wires (both servo and power and some are very long runs) that without a proper satellite receiver, the signal can get lost depending on which way the plane is facing relative to the transmitter. I've stopped using those RXs without the satellites (Lemon equivalent).
      PS. I won't touch those "sugar cube" antenna-less Spektrum RXs for use in these planes with complicated and long wire runs.
      xviper

In your opinion would these Admiral Stability recievers be ok in a Dynam Albatross? Just bought one but haven't put it in the plane yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hilldebrandt View Post

xviper

In your opinion would these Admiral Stability recievers be ok in a Dynam Albatross? Just bought one but haven't put it in the plane yet.
        I've never owned a Dynam Albatross, so can't say. Personally, I wouldn't put one of those RXs into anything other than a park flyer or something that's going to be flown very close and personal.
        The Lemon equivalent of this RX have always just barely passed a range test for me. Outside of 100 feet, there are glitches when the plane is pointing in certain directions. When actually flown, I've seen momentary signal loss at a range of about 300 feet or so.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          I've never owned a Dynam Albatross, so can't say. Personally, I wouldn't put one of those RXs into anything other than a park flyer or something that's going to be flown very close and personal.
          The Lemon equivalent of this RX have always just barely passed a range test for me. Outside of 100 feet, there are glitches when the plane is pointing in certain directions. When actually flown, I've seen momentary signal loss at a range of about 300 feet or so.
          Wow...thanks for the info. Would probably fly it a little further away than 300 feet so I definitely won't put it in the plane. Looking at the Spectrum AR631 with the long antennae. Might try that. Thanks again 👍

Comment

No.

Comment

Evan D

Do you mean "no" to the Admiral rx or the Spectrum Rx..or both?

Comment

No to the stabilized Admirals.

Originally posted by hilldebrandt View Post

xviper

Comment

Evan D

Gotcha! Thanks 👍

Comment

Working...
                  X