Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

64 mm Marlin

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 mm Marlin

Anyone get one of these? Looks fun to fly and cheap on the battery size it takes.

I have one. Its my go to EDF. Its smaller size means I can bring it with any other plane that I am bringing to the field that day. The only thing I recommend is adding in a external bec instead of using the one off the ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by StratoJoe View Post
      I have one. Its my go to EDF. Its smaller size means I can bring it with any other plane that I am bringing to the field that day. The only thing I recommend is adding in a external bec instead of using the one off the ESC.
      Why do you need a external bec?

Comment

I am using a gyro RX in mine and the stock esc is a linear bec and my cause a brown out. If you are not going to use stabilization it may not matter.

Comment

Ah ok

Comment

Anybody notice the CG is different in the manual from the one on the write up? Which one are you using 72 to 75mm back or 80 to 90mm back?

Comment

I have mine around 80ish mm.

Comment

Ah ok what size battery are you using

Comment

I am using 3300s. They are kind of heavy at 350g so I would recommend more like a 2500-2700 and keep the weight under 275g. The plane still flys good with the 3300s but it’s hard to get it to balance.

2200s seem to be very popular as it’s really light.

Comment

Didn’t like the blue to hard to see. Click image for larger version

Name:	91677E5E-38DA-4F97-AEF9-8C8101FA5AFB.jpeg
Views:	349
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	309741Click image for larger version

Name:	E3B02A28-CEE7-4EE6-B200-737C1F5C248F.jpeg
Views:	331
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	309742

Comment

I think it looks much better with what you did. I was trying to come up with a good way to make mine pop a little more. What did you use?

Comment

Went to wal mart and got a roll of vinyl in the craft section. I peeled off the decals and put them on paper to make a template to cut out on the vinyl. Sticks good.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	355D72E1-1C3D-4EB7-996E-745910D45696.jpeg
Views:	339
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	309926

Comment

Thanks. I am going to have to try that out. The blue is only thing I don’t really like very much about the plane.

Comment

Flew again today this time with the A3L V2 gyro. Flys great feels solid.

Comment

I keep waffling back and forth on this one. Part of me wants it and the other part of me thinks, "you've already got the Eflite F-15 & F-16, what do you need this one for". Anyone know how to kill off that latter part?

Comment

I have the Freewing F22 but this one is fun to fly also.

Comment

Ordered this on Friday and it arrived today. Not too shabby! Already put together, but I still need to drop the AR630 in it and program it. Already can tell this is a high quality kit just like my other Arrows plane, the Bigfoot.

Comment

I got a few more flights in mine. I really need to get some different batteries the ones I have I don’t really care for. They are heavy like 3300s but perform more like 2200s

Comment

Working...
                                      X