X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing f18 64mm edf question

Been flying dji for years, some rc planes as well. I bought the f18 64mm and took it for the maiden today. Little rough to begin with but got the hang of it.. came in to land and was near a building and lost my depth perception, hit a chimey lol. Broke the nose but didnt lose anything, can be glued fine. My question is... it was VERY touchy and was hard to keep stable. How do I adjust rate using a futaba 6l sport? I know I should revisit cg and trim, just sorta jumped into it but mainly the touchyness was unbearable. Probably me being used to flying a phantom 4 and mavic for so long...but again .. any idea on the rate for that transmitter???

Yes, the F18 is touchy, especially in roll.

I recommend using expo instead of reducing throw.

Its been a long time since I used a Futaba radio. I expect the expo and rate adjustments you need will be in the dual rates programming.

I always want 100% throw available without flipping a switch, but sometimes want lower sensitivity near stick center.

A gyro equipped RX might help you, as the quadcopters (drones) almost all have very responsive self leveling gyros.
    I personally had such bad results from early gyros that I have avoided them, but others are very happy with the modern gyro/autoleveling systems.

My normal for ailerons on the little F18 is 60% expo. For most aircraft I use 30% aileron expo. (If memory serves, that would be negative for Futaba)
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
    X