Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-14 Help

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-14 Help

Hello to all

So finally was able to fly my F-14 from freewing since I will fly it on grass only I got the RCinformer upgrade for the landing gear also used the full flaps config and spoiler only for the alirons also upgraded the motor for the 9 blades in runners from freewing also and 120 amps ESC from hobbywing

And here comes the problem
    Plane went great but I had to trim alot to the left and when I say alot it is almost the full trim on my radio so I think I messed up installing the main landing gear upgrade

Is there a way to check the angle of the wings they might be a little difference any ideas on how to do this ??

Thanks for your help guys

Francisco From Mexico

I also have the 80mm A-10 and I am terrified about ti hehehehehehe
    The avanti Was my EDF trainer hehehehhe

Hi Fvillar,

Congratulations on the successful F-14 flight! On the F-14, and with what you’re experiencing regarding the trim, check the following:

- It can be very easy to accidentally overlook the matching of the inboard flap and aileron on one wing compared to the other wing. There isn’t much of a reference point to judge from. If one wing has a little higher or lower height of the flap and aileron that doesn’t match the opposing wing, a relatively large amount of trim can be necessary to fly straight. So, mechanically adjust the ball clevis of the flap and aileron on the appropriate single wing to see if you can eliminate the trim required to fly straight. Begin with a small adjustment as it may only require a half turn, or one full turn of the ball clevises of the flap and aileron on the appropriate wing to reduce the trim necessary for straight flight. With that said though, I do not have experience with the RCInformer landing gear mod, so I cannot provide any insight on what may have occurred due to the modification(s).

- Ensure you added the appropriate amount and same amount of spacing washers (that come with the kit) when you secured each wing to the wing box posts.

- Be sure to check for alignment and centering of both rudders, and that each taileron was aligned to the same neutral/level-flight starting point shown in the manual prior to flight.

Comment

The tailerons provide most of the authority so make sure they are level as well. I'd probably also use them to mechanically trim the plane if needed, as it will ensure a more consistent trim setting between wings forward and swept.

The way the wing sweep mechanism is setup keeps things pretty square, even if you have replaced the main plates. If it's too far out it would all be binding up when sweeping on the bench.

Don't sweat the A10, it's a much easier plane to fly than the tomcat.

Comment

Thanks Guys

Ill take a look om all this and let you kinow this is my first time flying a separated wing plane that i moded the base of the wings

Comment

Working...
        X