X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightline Mig - 21 help

Help needed. I’ve flown my flightline Mig 21 about 12 times now, flys fantastic although I’ve had to repaint her for better visibility.
    Im after advice on set up, control movements etc. And I’m also interested to know if anyone’s fitted a flight stabiliser in one? Does that help on landings? That’s what I’m really struggling with any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I had one when they first came out and loved it, I flew it a lot and quickly got bored with it because it didn't have ANY quirks. Landing were super easy using throttle to adjust landing attitude and coming in nose high. No gyro in mine.

There's a thread on RCG with almost 9000 posts, I'd ask there.

Freewing 80mm Mig-21 Fishbed - Page 590 - RC Groups

Comment

A description of how you're struggling with landings would help.

If you're struggling with getting the landings slow and smooth, like most jets, the Mig-21 needs to land nose high in order to slow down. The big flaps help slow it down some and change the pitch angle, but it still needs to come in nose high with a little power to land smooth and slow.

It will fly very slow without stalling, so take it up 150 meters high, get it in landing configuration at about 25% throttle and raise the nose until it stalls. Recover and repeat until you're comfortable with exactly how slow it can be flown in landing configuration at various power settings.

A stabilizer will help some, but generally not much on landing.

Comment

I flew mine with a gyro. If you are flying in gusty wind the gyro helps keep the wings from bobbing up and down as much. Other than that I don't think it's going to make flying easier. I'm speaking of a rate gyro only....not a flight stabilizer system like SAFE. I'm told that SAFE will help fly the plane for you.

Comment

I have hundreds of flights on mine and as EDF’s go it is very easy to land. I believe most people new to jets struggle with landing because the procedure is different for them.
          motion has a video about landing EDF’s it does a great job of explaining the physics and procedures. Nice repaint.

Comment

If you're having trouble landing the Mig 21 you probably have the rates set too high, especially on ailerons.

Comment

Working...
            X