X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A7 Corsair in the works,

I decided a few months back to build the A7 corsair. As an ex-Navy Guy I worked on them (VA-86 Sidewinders) during the early to mid 70's. I've taking several ideas from past A7's built and have come up with a Foam / Balsa design , EDF powered. It will be approximately the size and scale of the Rich Uravich's A7 built years ago. So for the process has gone pretty good. My biggest challenge was the air intake and exhaust duct. But I came up with a process. Next big challenge will be the retracts, I'll try to keep you all posted. I'll adds some pics later

to sounds good to me .. navy also 69 to 73 AT rate but never saw a ship as i worked amd on T28's looking forward to see your A7

Comment

Originally posted by falconracer View Post
      I decided a few months back to build the A7 corsair. As an ex-Navy Guy I worked on them (VA-86 Sidewinders) during the early to mid 70's. I've taking several ideas from past A7's built and have come up with a Foam / Balsa design , EDF powered. It will be approximately the size and scale of the Rich Uravich's A7 built years ago. So for the process has gone pretty good. My biggest challenge was the air intake and exhaust duct. But I came up with a process. Next big challenge will be the retracts, I'll try to keep you all posted. I'll adds some pics later
      Hello fellow shipmate and welcome to the Squawk falconracer ,

I remember the Sidewinders ............ VA-86 when they were on board the USS Nimitz during the 76 Med Cruise.
      I was with the Black Panthers ............ VA-35 (A6-E). That was my last cruise before returning to civy life.
      PLEASE share ALL the details of this build
      If only Freewing would do a 1700 version of the A-6 and A-7
      Making the gear for a Corsair could then set the basis to move ahead on a S3 Viking since the gear set is so similar.
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Have you guys seen the Aerotetris A-7? It’s quite a bit of work, but at least the kit gives you the perfect form for the airframe. I just got the biggest model that they offer for 120mm fan. Not sure what route I’m going to go just yet with retracts etc.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X