X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Horse - What's Next?

Hey guys, wanted to start this thread I promised on the live show today. I am going to be taking up close pics of some of the parts of this 85" long Turbine L-39 Albatros. If you guys are interested in possible getting this plane or more like it, this is the thread to let us know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210730_141057.jpg
Views:	1215
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	320391
    Again, just a few sample pics, will upload more later as I take them today

Please stock this! Would like to see more specs. I’d complete it as a 120mm EDF.

Comment

Skosh25 - Here are the specs on the manual. I want to stress this was a sample, so some minor things would be subject to change and if we end up carrying this, then it will be a while before it comes. But beauty isn't she?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210730_154958.jpg Views:	0 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	320397

Comment

She's quite the looker! Here are some more pics of just some of it. Can't take everything out of the packaging

Comment

Great pics James! It's a looker for sure.

I'm excited about this new Black Horse line up.

I am curious about some of the structure material that resembles carbon fiber. Is it carbon fiber or another composite that doesn't have a tendency to interfere with radio signals?

Comment

That's spectacular. I've been trawling the planet for the 120mm viper. These BH EDFs are like unicorns!

Comment

Hmmmm,
              Airframe would be a wonderful upgrade over the TBM DV8R I'm flying right now. Wonder if it could handle a P-80SE or if it'd be safer to go with a new Kingtech as those are smaller and lighter

Don't think I'd want to do rolling circles like what I'm doing with my 80mm Albatross though, but it'd do very nice precision demo aerobatics I bet!

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

Absolutely awesome aircraft by Black Horse. It’s great to see Motion potentially offer this. I like the direction this is going. That livery is spicy .

Comment

I wish you would bring this wicked jet into the Motion family! I currently have the 90mm EDF Black Horse L-39 from MotionRC and I am building the Black Horse Viper XL 120mm EDF (that I had to source from Europe :( ) The 90mm L-39 flies fantastic and the Viper videos I've watch suggest the same for it. I can only imagine how awesome this jet would be. I will definitely get one, one way or another! Please make it easy for me to get, MotionRC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                      Absolutely awesome aircraft by Black Horse. It’s great to see Motion potentially offer this. I like the direction this is going. That livery is spicy .
                      "Almost" better than lasagna .

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                        She's quite the looker! Here are some more pics of just some of it. Can't take everything out of the packaging
                        James, Thank you for posting all these photos. Appears the Black Horse/Motion RC collaboration is going to pay dividends. Great model, hope it is put into production. Best, Steve
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

"Almost" better than lasagna .
                          Almosttttttt, but nothing replaces the miracle of Lasagna .

Comment

I am telling you now as someone who exclusively does balsa for the last 40 years I could not be more excited to see stuff like this hitting the market. Bring War Jets hard and heavy I am all in.....I have some Balsa jets in my collection but I would love many more....bring it......oh and James.....something from Nexa coming with your name all over it.....I will get pics up before the next show 😎

Comment

I'll also throw this idea in here, although I am well aware this is a balsa skin (with covering) aircraft, I would also like to see Motion RC carry all composite RC aircraft.

Comment

Very cool! Still hoping to see the Hawker Typhoon and Sea Fury added to the inventory as well.

Comment

Balsa or composite either would be nice, but most important is a strong mounting support for landing gear. See to many nice larger scale jets fail due to landing gear structure with thin wood or particle board along with minimal rib structure. And most important is the availability of replacement parts and not just replacement air frames but MRC is on step with this.

Comment

Out of curiosity, would MRC team up with (say) HSD or Efflux RC to provide EDF power systems for this bird? I could also see it as a good model for MRC to break into the turbine market with, maybe team up either either Kingtech or Xicoy to supply turbines for these size jets?

Hopefully the price will be close to the Phoenix BAe Hawk. A friend owns one and loves how it flies on an 85, and offered me some stick time on it to see what I think about it too

Comment

It does make sense to offer Turbine engines and large EDF’s to support these newer larger aircraft if Motion RC does decide to carry them.

A rather cost effective Turbine brand is Swiwin (also known as ACE when rebranded). If spending a bit more and one wants greater performance for the weight then Xicoy engines are an excellent choice and still reasonable in price. Xicoy evidently also has plans to release larger engines than they have now (currently there is a 45N, 90N, and 120N engines). Kingtech has a large following as well and are also a nice value. There are many more brands of engines like JetsMunt, Jetcat, JetCentral, etc., that are popular and have a large following. Everyone has their favorite brands for their own reasons, and sometimes it’s just their favorite for no other reason than “I use it and am used to it”, and that’s okay too. It’s crucial for people to do their research heavily before purchasing a turbine engine to see what their comfortable with, because unlike EDF’s, they require professional service at regular intervals and more care, so having a service center to send it to that’s trustworthy, cost effective, etc. becomes of very high importance. Quality, reliability, and engine specifications (i.e. thrust to weight, size, allowed fuels, residual thrust at idle, fuel consumption, telemetry capabilities, turbine oil type and ratio needed, programmability, ease of set-up/wiring and start-up method, ability to adjust for various weather conditions, service intervals and estimated cost, etc.) are other considerations that should be taken into account, among many aspects. I doubt Motion RC would be willing to be a service center and have the machinery, trained staff, etc. necessary to service turbine engines properly, so I imagine they would be outsourcing that to someone else that already is a certified service center for whatever the engine brand of choice would be. Then, they could state that on their website to eliminate confusion, complexity, etc.

There are lots of great options for aftermarket EDF power systems too and choice is good. It would be excellent to see partnerships will vendors or companies who offer (and sometimes pre-assemble) aftermarket power systems (Wemotec, Schubeler, Jetfan, JP Hobby, etc.). I’ve bought from Gary at Efflux RC many times and is local to me, and always provides quality service and is a good source of information too. I’ve also purchased oversees from Turbines RC and they have been great as well. There are options all over the world, so that’s nice to have.

I do like the direction this is going, and from the looks of it Motion RC is diversifying and appears to be growing into a “One-Stop Shop” type of RC outfit (even the last year shows that with new offerings of tanks, cars, boats, construction equipment, balsa aircraft, tools, accessories, etc.), and hopefully composite aircraft, aftermarket power systems (EDF and Turbine), different transmitter brands, etc. is on the future “to-do” list as well. That’s definitely a way to appeal to as many RC hobbyists as possible from various sectors of the hobby.

Comment

There's a market for larger balsa jets, filling a gap between foam and uber expensive composites. Please stock the BH line! Especially the 120mm Viper.

Comment

Working...
                                        X