X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 mm EDF rotor cone screw

Flying the 90mm viper off of grass caused EDF to get dirty. Took it apart and cleaned it does anyone know where to get new rotor cone screws and do you have to put locktite on it thanks new to forum.

I take it you lost the old screw? See if you can buy a new cone. It'll come with the screw. Never use Loctite on anything that is near plastic. Loctite disintegrates plastic. Use a little FoamTac instead.
    You don't mention which 90mm Viper you have, so can't tell you where to look for a new cone. There are at least two brands and both use completely different fans/motors - Eflite and Taft.

Comment

Thanks for reply did not lose it which is unusual for me but just in case would like a spare. It is eflite would like to know where to look for the cone. Would foam/plastic safe CA or gorilla glue work no formac right now. Tanks again for your help

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Then that's much easier since you still have to original screw. Take it to a hardware store or even better, a "fastener" store and get them to match it. Gorilla glue may expand and ooze out where you don't want it and create an imbalance. Try the CA but any "airplane" glue that comes with foamie planes is good. It's just contact cement.

Comment

Thanks for the help Horrzon Hobby has the cone in stock but the screw doesn't come with it I will find some hope not to need it. Just finished flying it boy it is nice have been out of the hobby for a long time old Nitro flyer. I have heard the fw Avante Is is better on grass I think I might give it a try. Thanks again

Comment

Hi just be mindful that it's likely an annoyingly specific head size on the screw of that FMS motor. I thought I'd try and be smart by replacing the Phillips head fastener in one with a hex drive but of course an m4 hex head won't fit in the hole in the top of the spinner.

Judging by how close I got to stripping it on removal, some thread lock is used from the factory.​​​​​

Comment

Exactly the issue I had It's very hard to remove because of thread lock that is why I was looking into getting some spares. I wish I had a hard surface to fly it from so I would not have to clean it so often. Thanks for the help I hope I can find one that is hex head at the hardware store.

Comment

Working...
                X