X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day

I do a lot of Chase videos of free wing products. This one didn't go as planned.

Originally posted by SgtRay View Post
    I do a lot of Chase videos of free wing products. This one didn't go as planned.

https://youtu.be/cg4B3JM4cQk
    Ouch....Sorry for your loss.

I had the same thing happen, but lower/slower/on final....repairable / been repaired and flying again.

I decided to replace the elevator servo with a more expensive servo because the cause of my crash was the intermittent elevator servo (the servo that came with the bird). Upon picking up the pieces and reconnecting things, the elevator servo was dead. Then...it began to function only to die again. I might add that this servo had a huge number of flights on it, but they don't last forever. You might say, I found the design life limit of the servo.

Consider putting this high torque MKS HV69 servo on your next F-4 because I am now flying it on my MiG-29, P-38 and now the F-4 elevators. So far, the performance has been solid as a rock. It is smaller, so the cavity for the elevator servo in the F-4 swallows the HV69 (easy to fix).

Torque (4.8V): 6.0 kg-cm / 83.3 oz-in  Torque (6.0V): 7.5 kg-cm / 104.2 oz-in  Torque (7.4V): 9.2 kg-cm / 127.8 oz-in  Torque (8.2V): 10.2 kg-cm / 141.7 oz-in  Speed: 0.17 s (4.8V)  /  0.13 s (6.0V)  / 

Nice paint job....make another!

-GG

Comment

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post

Ouch....Sorry for your loss.

I had the same thing happen, but lower/slower/on final....repairable / been repaired and flying again.

I decided to replace the elevator servo with a more expensive servo because the cause of my crash was the intermittent elevator servo (the servo that came with the bird). Upon picking up the pieces and reconnecting things, the elevator servo was dead. Then...it began to function only to die again. I might add that this servo had a huge number of flights on it, but they don't last forever. You might say, I found the design life limit of the servo.

Consider putting this high torque MKS HV69 servo on your next F-4 because I am now flying it on my MiG-29, P-38 and now the F-4 elevators. So far, the performance has been solid as a rock. It is smaller, so the cavity for the elevator servo in the F-4 swallows the HV69 (easy to fix).

Torque (4.8V): 6.0 kg-cm / 83.3 oz-in  Torque (6.0V): 7.5 kg-cm / 104.2 oz-in  Torque (7.4V): 9.2 kg-cm / 127.8 oz-in  Torque (8.2V): 10.2 kg-cm / 141.7 oz-in  Speed: 0.17 s (4.8V)  /  0.13 s (6.0V)  / 

Nice paint job....make another!

-GG
      Lol I was in the still flying drone chasing him. But I will pass it on. John has already got her back up with a new body and wings though. The man doesn't know the word quit!

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRay View Post

Lol I was in the still flying drone chasing him. But I will pass it on. John has already got her back up with a new body and wings though. The man doesn't know the word quit!
        OMG, he 'rebuilt' that airplane? Jesus, he needs to name it Phoenix. That thing looked like a total loss. Haha, man if i rip a retract out, it feels like the plane will never be the same again. It was a beautiful video up until the crash. There's something about watching the Freewing F-4 cruise around like it's on rails from the air. It's got the best wing loading and flight characteristics of any F-4 I've ever flown (which is only 2-3 other F-4 types)

Comment

Originally posted by FoamOvercast17 View Post

OMG, he 'rebuilt' that airplane? Jesus, he needs to name it Phoenix. That thing looked like a total loss. Haha, man if i rip a retract out, it feels like the plane will never be the same again. It was a beautiful video up until the crash. There's something about watching the Freewing F-4 cruise around like it's on rails from the air. It's got the best wing loading and flight characteristics of any F-4 I've ever flown (which is only 2-3 other F-4 types)
          I just got back from the flying field with him today. I tried to do a Chase video but he won't slow the damn thing down. He was doing well over 90

Comment

Working...
          X