Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL37 freewing wiring to receiver from MCB-E

Hello fellow pilots-

Thank for you welcoming me to this thing called hobby😂. I am new to RC but an avid flight simmer (I fly X-Plane 11 simulator)
    I just recently bought AL37 freewing and started the assembly process. I got stuck while trying to connect the cables coming from the MCB-E (The blue box where all the wiring input and output to receiver. So there are 7 connectors nicely labeled as UBEC/BEC, Throttle, aileron, elevator, rudder, landing gear and flaps. I have Specktrum DX6e radio transmitter with AR620 receiver. However, the wiring diagram/instruction that came with the AL37 package does not mention anything about the order of connection. I read a post response from James - the admin that “most receivers are pretty much plugged in the same was as Channel 1 - Throttle, 2 - aileron, 3- elevator, 4- rudder, 5- gear, 6- flaps.” After putting one or two together, I figure he was probably right as the AL37 wiring diagram does not even mention anything about battery or throttle connection. Also, the diagram has AUX, I assume I’m not going to be needing that as a starter. Correct me if I’m wrong please. See pictures 1 and 2. Also, there’s these 2-wire connectors hanging around and I have no idea where to plug them.
    • ‘the first two are obviously coming from the very rear fuselage and assume they’re for the horizontal tail lights but I don’t know where to plug into. See picture 3
    • Another 2pcs 2-wire connectors but not connected to anything. The manual doesn’t tell me what they’re for and where to plug them. Maybe it tells me but I just don’t understand it. See pictures 4, 5
    your any help if greatly appreciated in this regard. I just want the basic wiring at this time. I don’t want to go into advance until at least understand the default wiring considering that the wiring manual isn’t that helpful for beginners like me. It’s written with advance flyers in mind if I may say.

Hi Jw,

You may want to read this post / tips…

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...904#post324904

While the AL37 is somewhat a gentle lady (as EDF jets go), there are some YouTube videos that show how fast she can get away from inexperienced RC pilots (not good endings to the videos). Not to scare you, but as a forewarning. She’s not an entry-level trainer! Since you have only SIM time, consider yourself just a little ahead of an RC novice. Real birds don’t have REWIND buttons.

You may consider getting some “real” RC time on a more tame trainer first. You’ll be $$ ahead and happier, too….in the long run. A lot of things can break when you prang an AL37…such a big bird.

Motion RC classifies the AL37 as INTERMEDIATE skill level. Sim-only pilots typically ain’t intermediate. Sorry to be so blunt. Trying to save you from the walk of shame as you walk toward pieces of foam. The whole experience of REAL is just not something you can simulate. Ya gotta learn REAL. Best to do it with TRAINER level birds.

Others who are familiar with your radio will be best to respond on your connection question. But all the tiny 2 wire connectors are lights. Connect these ONLY to the LIGHTS and STROBE / FLASH connections on the MCBE.

-GG

Comment

Delete

Comment

Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
        Hi Jw,

You may want to read this post / tips…

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...904#post324904

While the AL37 is somewhat a gentle lady (as EDF jets go), there are some YouTube videos that show how fast she can get away from inexperienced RC pilots (not good endings to the videos). Not to scare you, but as a forewarning. She’s not an entry-level trainer! Since you have only SIM time, consider yourself just a little ahead of an RC novice. Real birds don’t have REWIND buttons.

You may consider getting some “real” RC time on a more tame trainer first. You’ll be $$ ahead and happier, too….in the long run. A lot of things can break when you prang an AL37…such a big bird.

Motion RC classifies the AL37 as INTERMEDIATE skill level. Sim-only pilots typically ain’t intermediate. Sorry to be so blunt. Trying to save you from the walk of shame as you walk toward pieces of foam. The whole experience of REAL is just not something you can simulate. Ya gotta learn REAL. Best to do it with TRAINER level birds.

Others who are familiar with your radio will be best to respond on your connection question. But all the tiny 2 wire connectors are lights. Connect these ONLY to the LIGHTS and STROBE / FLASH connections on the MCBE.

-GG
        Today, 06:24 AM
        GliderGuy Thank you 🙏
        I totally understand what you mean. I plan to get a ‘baby bird” that I will use as a trainer. I live in Michigan and so I do not have the luxury of even taking it outside to play with due to the crazy cold weather. So maiden flight probably won’t happen until sometime next yeah. Will make sure to master the art of real flying in the meantime

Comment

JW - Check out the multiple videos on YouTube posted by thercsaylors

I'm not in love with their presentation style, but their videos are fairly informative...especially when you are deciding on a trainer to buy.

Suggest you look through several of their videos. Don't invest a lot in your trainer. Remember, "IF YOU AIN'[T CRASHING, YOU AIN'T FLYING!"

Another tip...hot glue makes for fast foam repairs. Other than that, I use FOAM-TAC and 5 min epoxy when applicable.

Have fun and good luck.

-GG

Comment

Working...
          X