X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynam 262

Brought Dynams 262 ? Upgraded motors toofreewings 2100 KV edfs… but when I go to full throttle the tail hit the ground… im concerned it won’t fly …I’m not sure what to do… any Suggestions on what to do to fix

Early versions had an improper horizontal tail incidence issue. The underslung EDF pods also have an inherent thrust angle that will cause that when power is firewalled.
    You didn't indicate if there was any ground speed or not when this occurred to possibly give a suggestion.
    Unfortunately the knowledgeable member of the forum ( fhhuber ) on 262's hasn't been around since May

Best regards,
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Csbshoge View Post
      Brought Dynams 262 ? Upgraded motors toofreewings 2100 KV edfs… but when I go to full throttle the tail hit the ground… im concerned it won’t fly …I’m not sure what to do… any Suggestions on what to do to fix
      You have increased the power/torque many fold and due to the low hanging motor pods, when you go full throttle at low or no speed, the thrust acts like a lever and tilts the plane nose up. You need to learn to apply throttle slowly enough so it can increase speed gradually till there is plenty of air going over the tail surface to make the elevator work to counter that torque. In addition, never suddenly apply lots of power relative to the airspeed. As an example, when you first lift off the ground, if you give it too much juice, the plane will nose up and go nearly vertical before it actually has enough airspeed to fly properly. It will then stall, wing over to one side and crash. Don't use all of the throttle (suddenly) till it's up and flying and test it up high so you know what it'll do.
      Also, since you are likely going with heavier power equipment and heavier battery, make sure it's balanced correctly.

Comment

• OV10
        OV10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Totally forgot that you've got some vested 262 knowledge

Hehe, yes, I have the Freewing 262 and I upgraded the EDFs in that one from the original stock ones and even it went vertical the first time and crashed. Now fixed and I've been careful about pouring on the coals too suddenly. Flies so nice.

Comment

i did the same, you have to open the throttle slowly, the full size did the same

Comment

Working...
        X