X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Twin 40mm F14 from eflite

Variable sweep wings, tailerons and a twin engine F14 in a box. Looks like fun

meh...

Comment

Meh describes it at best. Kind of disappointing from horizon.

Comment

This will be sold well though. It meets a very large demographic of intermediate flyers and maybe some beginners (AS3X and SAFE) and some more seasoned EDF pilots that want a nice simple plane.

$300 with a receiver, all built, take it out bind and program your TX and charge a very common sized battery and go... Add wing sweep and the "look" and it will sell.

That said it's not for me. I was one of the first to wrestle with the Free Wing F-14. Other than being in the Navy, working on them, the FW being off the Constellation, which I retired off of, it had a lot of cool, very cool at the time, stuff. But those first ones had paint that was thick and rubbery and peeled off easily and took quite a bit of fiddling with to get it how I wanted it. After a lot of flights, a few bent struts and a lot of frustration I sold it. With the new inrunner 80mm I had thought of giving it another go, until the new prices hit....

That all said the new EF with plug in gear doesn't do it. And a 18" span folded is small but then no assembly. UMX style linear servos don't thrill me if I'd have to replace one or two. I really see it as a large UMX bird at a higher price. It just doesn't have enough on the plus side to offset the things on the negative side for me (quite a bit of that is it's from HH and their marketing, parts prices and being quick to discontinue things). Add waiting 6 months... Maybe in six months (if that's what it actually is, shorter or longer) and I see it fly I'll change my mind, especially since there's nothing that seems to be coming from Motion/ FW at least until after the new year.

Comment

$300.00 for a UMX plane......way out of line as far as I'm concerned. Good thing it's not a twin 70mm.....the cost would be a grand or more. I'll pass

Comment

No matter what we think, it'll sell and probably be "back ordered" soon enough. For many who already have the FW T.Kitty, It's too little, too late, too much $$, goofy "matchstick" gear, quick to get boring (I remember my little Elfite UMX A-10). As already said, by next spring, I may still get one just to use it as a "practice" model as I get more comfortable with the bigger kitty. 1/2 the price, 1/5 the pucker factor, fun and value.

Comment

Wish they would come out with a larger Citation with twin 70s, flaps and retracts. This F14 does nothing for me really...

Comment

Working...
              X