X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing A6E Intruder, retract issues

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with their nose gear retracting. Worked fine on the ground then in the air only the mains came down. Cycled a few times and the nose gear came down again. At home tried again and the nose gear worked. Then at the field all seemed to work fine. Then first flight the same thing happen, mains came down and the nose gear stayed up. The mains work every time though. Any ideas?? frustrating as brand new jet.

Thinking it extends at a slower airspeed and won’t when the airspeed is faster. The small gear door on the nose strut may be a factor at higher airspeeds. I’m waiting on decent weather to maiden mine so following with great interest!

Comment

Check for a bent pin on the nose gear. It will cause the strut to bind against the retract. This is common on gear folding to the rear to retract.

Comment

Cheers will check the pin. I can hear a servo noise, very brief like like it is trying to work. but nothing happens. Can hear it both when trying to lower and raise the gear.

Comment

One other common thing is the steering mechanism can bind. I recently had to lubricate the steering arm on my A4 to get it to fully retract

Comment

Working...
          X