X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90mm F16 tailerons

As I fly off a short grass strip in the UK,I used tailerons and separate flaps( to avoid using flaperons) Am surprised there are no discussions on use of tailerons on this model so is no one out there doing this?

My buddies and I were actually talking about this a few weeks ago. I think it would work well.

Comment

Have you searched the official 90mm F-16 thread. Tailerons and flaperons have been discussed since about 2016.
      https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-falcon-thread

When you say "separate" flaps, do you mean you cut flaps into the ailerons? I never did this on my old F-16, just used flaperons, but I did cut separate flaps into the ailerons on my FlexJet. Worked pretty well. I did it for slowing down the landing approach. On the F-16, it would be more for decreasing the take off run as that plane really should have been built on 8s.

Comment

Mine does just fine in the cattle patch on 6s. Now that I figured out how to land the damn thing consistently

Comment

I did read that on the full size F16, tailerons augment roll control suggesting that it would be optimum to use a combination of that plus ailerons on the 90mm version of our F16. I decided tailerons did not give enough roll authority when I did my test flight on a very windy day gusting to 25kts!

Comment

Yeah I would think it would need both, cool experiment indeed, I can't remember if I have an 8 or 10ch reciever in my plane, but I'm thinking if all works well for you I may reinstate flaparons for landing/takeoff configuration via flight modes and also add in elevons for all flight modes. Just some thoughts I'm processing myself. Reason for the possibility of needing a 10ch is, I'm also thinking about setting up an FPV rig in mine with full pan and tilt.

Comment

Working...
            X