X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-14 Project from plans to the sky!

Today I received the plans for my next project to be documented here. This is a 10th scale F14 tomcat, plans are, full compliment of retracts, spoilers, full span flaps, retracting fuel boom, open close canopy, airspeed controlled swing wings (not sure how, but its the major part of this plan), fpv adapter for the cockpit. I may even try to incorporate the glove veins. It's gonna be alot so power I'm going to source out 125mm fans. Let the games begin! Click image for larger version

Name:	20220302_162029.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	338838

Oh and operational leading edge slats, and tail hook.

Comment

rifleman_btx , WOW! I must know more, Sir.

1) what is the wingspan at 1/10th scale? 2) Where did you find plans for this beauty? 3) In what materials will you build her; balsa, fiberglass, foam, all? 4) Twin 125s or single motor to 'Y" outlets? I will be watching this with great anticipation.

Best as always, Steve
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Yes sir it's going to be a bit of everything to include some 3d printing and carbon fiber, as for where I found them, I found these on ebay, this one was the 80" scaled 1:10. These plans are from 1988, so it was originally designed for glow power fan systems. The radio plan is a 10 channel reciever for each side. So she's gonna be big and tons of power. With the plans so old I am going over them to look for areas I can reduce weight. Hence the cf.

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          rifleman_btx , WOW! I must know more, Sir.

1) what is the wingspan at 1/10th scale? 2) Where did you find plans for this beauty? 3) In what materials will you build her; balsa, fiberglass, foam, all? 4) Twin 125s or single motor to 'Y" outlets? I will be watching this with great anticipation.

Best as always, Steve
          Steve,

Search for “Hobby Barn F14 plans”. I’ve ordered the plans many years ago, but that was it. Hardware is available here:

The pic is a note from P. Avonds website.

Frank

Click image for larger version  Name:	705C8ED8-C2BB-46AC-A38C-84E948E99472.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	156.8 KB ID:	338914

Comment

How much did the hardware run?

Comment

Hardware is pretty steep around 2900.

Comment

And got my new tool in for cutting parts Click image for larger version

Name:	received_680997576588831.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	339603

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  And got my new tool in for cutting parts Click image for larger version

Name:	received_680997576588831.jpeg
Views:	316
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	339603
                  RM, Laser cutter? I want one, but can't yet justify it. Thinking about a Silhouette Cameo 4, too. But don't tell Callie Callie Graphics, she'll think me a traitor. I'd like to use it for cutting masks, but not the color graphics. She is the queen of vinyl graphics and you don't want to upset royalty. Best, LB
                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Indeed, she owns that, I'm just cutting the wood to have her graphic a home for placement

Comment

That will be an awesome model. Years ago DCU, Inc. produced a beautiful fiberglass and foam and balsa F-14 kit in 1/10 scale. A nice size. It was a touch small for glow DF but flew great.

More than one has been converted to electric. Videos out there on the web

Comment

Yeah I'm really excited about this one and others. I may end up getting a second laser cutter for doing multiple jobs at once

Comment

Working...
                        X