X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 90mm F16 Blue Angels Scheme Ventral Fins

Sorry if this has been asked and answered somewhere here on the forums, but I could not find the answer to this question anywhere here. So my question is-I am looking for replacement ventral fins for my newly acquired 90mm FreeWing F16 with the Blue Angels livery. Checked on MRC and could not find them anywhere. Even considered having to buy a new fuse just to get the fins but it doesn't look like they even come with the fuse?? Appreciate any help as I am dying to maiden her, but I would rather do it with the fins installed. Thanks in advance!
    -=Kenny=-

Did you lose them? I don’t have this plane anymore but if they are anything like the fins on my F-14 or the fin on my F-104, they’re made from thin wooden sheets. You can get a sheet of light, but hard wood from a hobby shop and make your own. Cut them to shape and paint them. It looks like attachment is simply shoving a couple of screws through them and into the little mounting tabs.

Comment

Yes they were lost by the former owner. I might just look into the possibility of getting them 3D printed. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knew where I could find a set.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksprousejr View Post
        F16 with the Blue Angels livery
        -=Kenny=-[/B]
        Just a note, the airplane pictured is an F-16 with the Thunderbirds livery. The Blue Angels aircraft are F-18's painted blue (with yellow accents).

Comment

I 3d printed my own. They were shared by someone on thingigerse and fit perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by KevinMar View Post

Just a note, the airplane pictured is an F-16 with the Thunderbirds livery. The Blue Angels aircraft are F-18's painted blue (with yellow accents).
            LMOA-I musta had the Blue Angels in my head when I posted that. As my Marine buddies would say. it is the "Thunder Chicken Livery" LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              I 3d printed my own. They were shared by someone on thingigerse and fit perfectly
              You don't happen to still have the file do you? Man that would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ksprousejr View Post

You don't happen to still have the file do you? Man that would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                  Thatll be the one!

Comment

Im building the same and repainting to prototype scheme. There are several ideas that may be easier that are posted in the main thread but when i clear coated they warped. Now the ideas and the one im going with is that a paint pallet from hobby lobby, the one that painters use to place their oils and paint on is thin enough but the plastic is stout enough. Im going to cut a set from that and can add an extra cut if you like. Im also looking at making them removable for transport also using the weapons attachments.

Comment

Working...
                    X