X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 262

Will it hurt just to have outboard flaps…. And just make inboard flap inoperable …. Since inboard flaps are weak on design.

Are you asking if they actually do anything or are you saying they don't do anything? It would be easy enough to find out. Just remove the inboard flap control rods lightly spot FoamTac them shut. If you decide you want them back, just slide a razor blade in and cut the spots. If you decide you don't want them and you don't see any change in flap function, put a few more spots of FoamTac so they stay put.
    Personally, weak design or not, I like them and I think they work just fine all together but I have no basis for comparison as I've never disabled the inner ones.

Comment

What I’m saying …. They are weak…floppy and the rod they used is not stiff …. Bad design… so I was thinking just disconnect… and just use the out board ones

Comment

Originally posted by Csbshoge View Post
        What I’m saying …. They are weak…floppy and the rod they used is not stiff …. Bad design… so I was thinking just disconnect… and just use the out board ones
        They are stiff enough to deploy the flap and hold it there in the airflow. The rod is pulling on the flap, not pushing on it to deploy. I've never seen any issues with it. But disconnect if that's what you want.

Comment

Working...
        X