X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

Can you make the free wing 80mm A10 by motion RC a safe selection with AS3X if you put a spectrum receiver in with such capabilities?

Originally posted by willieanderson911 View Post
    Can you make the free wing 80mm A10 by motion RC a safe selection with AS3X if you put a spectrum receiver in with such capabilities?
    Of course, you can. You don't have to necessarily go with a SAFE select RX. You can easily add a gyro with "recovery mode". The biggest warning about doing either is to completely understand how to program the device and moreover, to know exactly how to test it all and know what to look for when doing so. Putting in the wrong settings or not testing for gyro correction and the thing will take a dirt nap before you can complete the first turn. Gyros can be a terrific thing but only if you take the time to understand them.
    If you choose the Spektrum product, then the AR637T is a good product to start with. Buy a new one that is unlocked and program it from scratch. Taking a Safe Select RX from another plane is probably a bad way to go.

Comment

Xviper has great advice. The AR637T with forward programming is a great way to start. I particularly like it as it has the capability to add a srxl2 remote receiver for added security against signal loss.

Comment

I definitely appreciate both of you guys for that feedback

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Buy a new one that is unlocked and program it from scratch. Taking a Safe Select RX from another plane is probably a bad way to go.
          If you really don't understand what you are doing, it's not just "probably a bad way to go", it is certainly a bad way to go as it is very difficult to ensure that the gyro corrections are in the correct sense, and reprogramming it properly requires several steps and connecting to a PC with a special cable. There is an entire thread on RCGroups devoted to this exact topic and the problems involved.

I second the recommendation of an AR637T and setting it up with "forward programming" from the transmitter. It has the added benefit that you can get flight pack voltage telemetry with it - you don't want to risk LVC with a big heavy expensive plane like the A-10.

Comment

kallend thanks that’s exactly what I’m going to do is buy one new and use my Spektrum NX8 to forward program it

Comment

has anyone tried one of these yet
              when they outlaw R/C, only outlaws will have R/C

Comment

Originally posted by mongo View Post
                No, but looking at the information, it should be clarified that this is a Spektrum product and "DreamworksRC" is a reseller of the product. The AS3000 must be connected to a "Powersafe" telemetry receiver, the cheapest of which is a 20-ch RX and costs $320.00US - a little pricey for what Willie wants to do on a 6-ch. Freewing A-10.

If you want to know more about it or just want to discuss it, it would be better to post in this forum:

Comment

and forward programming is a bit tricky at first, but after programming the 637T in approx 10 planes, it's really not that bad at all. if you get intimidated, reach out to all of these guys - they'll steer us in a good direction. this is the best place to learn. the other thing is, if you f*ck up something, you can blow it out and start over as many times as you want. i do this a lot... :)

Comment

This is a really good introduction to using forward programming to set up an AR637T (or similar) Rx. Far better than the manual that comes with the receiver.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&d=1586891442

There is also a series of videos from HH on the topic.

Comment

Working...
                    X