X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite F-16 70mm thunderbird Jet

I recently purchased an F16 Elite from horizon hobbies. I crashed it and purchased a new fuselage and wings. I've rewired the reciever but i'm having difficulty getting the channels to detect independently. Example: when i control the ailerons left and right bank the rear gear goes up or down. (not good). 2nd problem...when I move the tail rudder the front fear decides to go up and down too. Any suggestions. Its a Radiomaster transmitter TX16S. I successfully binded the unit with the recieverf. Looking for technical help.

DO you have anyone near you, a club or a hobby shop, that can help you program your radio and check your wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by Moguls View Post
      I recently purchased an F16 Elite from horizon hobbies. I crashed it and purchased a new fuselage and wings. I've rewired the reciever but i'm having difficulty getting the channels to detect independently. Example: when i control the ailerons left and right bank the rear gear goes up or down. (not good). 2nd problem...when I move the tail rudder the front fear decides to go up and down too. Any suggestions. Its a Radiomaster transmitter TX16S. I successfully binded the unit with the recieverf. Looking for technical help.
      what caused the crash? were all of the controls working properly before you flew it?
      it's a tough pill to swallow, but maybe upgrade your tx to a Spektrum NX or IX. that plane should bind right up with very little adjustment needed on a spektrum. what you have now sounds like an improper wiring issue though...

Comment

It did bind right away. Unfortnuately the pre flight seemed correct but when airborne the ailerons were backwards and before we could manage the controls opposite it got out of range and wedged in tree branches. It sheered each side of the fuselage and launched the battery, nosecone, and canopy across the street. The tail, rudder, and elevator were spared. I was careful to re-wire. I made sure each was lined up properly and exactly like the original. It also binded no problem with the jet level. Even when the jet was new out of the pkg the landing gear and airlerons were cross talking. My son fixed it through the transmitter. He's still working his magic but I'm reaching out to this forum to see if something is similar in trouble shooting this problem.

Comment

It did bind right away. Unfortnuately the pre flight seemed correct but when airborne the ailerons were backwards and before we could manage the controls opposite it got out of range and wedged in tree branches. It sheered each side of the fuselage and launched the battery, nosecone, and canopy across the street. The tail, rudder, and elevator were spared. I was careful to re-wire. I made sure each was lined up properly and exactly like the original. It also binded no problem with the jet level. Even when the jet was new out of the pkg the landing gear and airlerons were cross talking. My son fixed it through the transmitter. He's still working his magic but I'm reaching out to this forum to see if something is similar in trouble shooting this problem.
          ugh - i feel your pain - i tip-stalled my brand new viper 90 on 2nd flight right into a tree, fortunately only about 6' off the ground, but same damage. all better now with all new wings, rf chokes, remote receiver, and every other counter-measure i could glean from the high level of RC intellect on this board. good luck to you and i hope you get her in the air. i have one of those as well and fly the sh*t out of it ever time i get to go out. it's a great plane. you might like one of the vipers as well. the 70mm also has flaps and retracts, so you don't have to go overboard on the 90mm version and it's probably a better 1st EDF for you than the F16. their little umx citation is also the most fun you can have for $200. i've bought 6 of them now (were on sale for $149 last week) - 3 for me over the last year and 3 for friends just starting out. great little bird, very fast and fun.

Comment

Thx for the response. We also have two Bigfoot planes. I'll check out he Viper 70 or 90. I know we'll get this F16 off the ground. I have a feeling it's all in the transmitter set up. My son is involved in race drones and is very experienced setting those up. We're going to get this right!

Comment

Sounds to me that the control surfaces may be moving one way via the tx and the opposite with the gyro.

Rx orientation is critical, especially in a rebuild.
              Reversing any control in the tx requires that the gyro be tested, and if necessary reprogrammed so it moves in the same direction.
              I don't know this Tx and what it's capabilities and compatibility with spectrum rx, so it could be something else.
              ​​​​

Comment

Thx for the response. We also have two Bigfoot planes. I'll check out he Viper 70 or 90. I know we'll get this F16 off the ground. I have a feeling it's all in the transmitter set up. My son is involved in race drones and is very experienced setting those up. We're going to get this right!
                This is actually a pretty good deal... on sale now...

Spektrum NX8 8-Channel DSMX Transmitter with AR8020T Telemetry Receiver | Horizon Hobby

Comment

Maybe coming out with a new SE version?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    Maybe coming out with a new SE version?
                    My wife got me an IX20 for my bday last year, but i started with the NX8. Great tx, but if i were going to get a new one for any reason, i would get the ix12. the interface is so much easier for a noob like me. i was starting to get the hang of the nx, but now i could never go back there. It's bad enough that i've got to still deal with it because i sold it to my buddy who's also just starting out... :)

Comment

I called Horizon Hobby. They said once in awhile the wires are mismarked. My rudder wires were actually miswired with the landing gear wires. I'm still fine tuning the tx to be flight ready though

Comment

Working...
                      X