X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freewing 64mm f-18

hi, what range of mah should I stick with for this jet?? 4s 2600-3000mah? if i use a fms predator 3s motor 3900kv can I run 3s in this jet?

2200 is probably max you can get in it, and no, it won't fly right (or at all) on 3 cells. Don't know about the motor. Those planes are so small and cheap that upgrading them doesn't really make a lot of sense. Fly the sh*t out of it stock and save your money for an 80 or 90mm F18 if that's the bird you like.

Comment

I use 4s 2500's in mine. Same with the F22.

Comment

why wont it fly on 3s you bump up the motor kv to 3900?

Comment

heard guys are using 4s 2600- 3000 in this jet?

Comment

First of all, you need to specify which 64mm F-18 you have in mind. There is one that runs on 3s stock and there is a "high performance" one that runs on 4s stock. Each one has a different ESC, different fan (blade count), different motor, probably different fan blade pitch.
            To answer your question about why it won't fly on 3s if you bump up the kv to 3900 ................................ Do the following calculation for yourself to get a theoretical max rpm:
            3900kv X 4.2v x 3s = 49,140rpm. Now take the stock 3s F-18 and do same: 4500kv x 4.2v x 3s = 56,700rpm. Now, you have not told us what fan (blade number, etc) you are using when you quote your 3900kv motor, so this can't even be put into the equation. But let's for the moment consider that both fans are the same ................. your EDF is pushing 7.5 thousand LESS max rpm than the stock one. How much less do you think yours will perform compared to the stock one? It will probably fly but it won't fly adequately.
            To comment on your reply about ............... "heard guys are using 4s 2600- 3000 in this jet?" Again, which jet are you talking about and which jet are "those guys" using the 4s battery in? If it's the 4s one, why wouldn't they be using a 4s battery? If it's the 3s one and they're using a 4s battery, it's not likely they flew it that way for very long before something gets fried. And once again, you speak about "range of mah" should you stick in this jet like it was a comparable thing. It's not. You need to speak of it in terms weight, brand and even dimensions if you are going to ask this question. Eg, a 2800g Zippy is about the same weight and dimensions as a 2200mah Turnigy Heavy Duty battery (under 200g). A 3000mah Graphene battery is huge by comparison.

Comment

im talking about just the plane, could I fly this on 3s with a fms predator 3900 kv motor, does not have to be that fast for me! and yes James from motion said you could fit a 3000 mah in there on 4s so 3s 3000 should fit, i have the 4s jet not built yet! plus if hand lauched without wheels will added weight be needed in cone?

Comment

plane43: you're cruisin' for a bruisin'...

3s, hand-launch, addnl weight in the nose...

you might as well take all the $ you're going to spend on this plane and batteries and get a different plane. the 64mm F22 (also needs 4s) is a great bird. however, on both of these, the landing gear doesn't tolerate any abuse - it will break if you don't land very smooth and hand-launching won't work with very well w/3s power...

if you want a really really fun 3s plane, get the F8 Crusader - that's the most fun, hand-launched 3s plane out there and it's fast as hell and easy to belly land nose up in the grass, and no gear really needed. I'm going to buy another one and put it on the shelf for now so i don't miss out when they discontinue it...

Comment

can you hand lunch on 4s with wheels off, do you need any nose weight then?

Comment

Originally posted by planes43 View Post
                    can you hand lunch on 4s with wheels off, do you need any nose weight then?
                    i've never tried it with that one, but a guy at our club did last summer and it went right into the ground. fortunately, no damage and he launched it again and was able to keep it up and flew it, surprisingly...

don't add any weight to it - it doesn't need it. when you launch it, make sure fan well up to full speed and pumping air and then give it a smooth but firm toss at about a 45 degree angle and get on the elevator. too much elevator will stall her out.

what rx did you put in it?

Comment

using tactic. what is it with plane you cant hand launch but a dynam 3s 64mm a10 you can?

Comment

dunno - maybe it's just me...

Comment

What scale is th 64mm F8 Crusader?
                          I'm not a rivet counter but planes do need pilots.
                          Thats what I would like to add.
                          Cheers
                          Bob

Comment

We don't need no stinking pilots...

What scale? On a 1 to 10, I'd give it an 11 on fun, fast, and challenging...

It's allegedly 32.5" long with a 21.5" wingspan, but i'm going to measure mine when i get home because it doesn't seem to me to be anywhere near that size...

Will advise Bob - go back to counting rivets for now... :)

Comment

Lol thanks jasmith.
                              Bob

Comment

I did a little math from the 1:1 Crusader and I think it comes in at between 1:19 +1:20 scale
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X