First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Crow

Found this interesting EDF on the Petrincic Bros. RC channel:

But then, check out the price:
    A state of the art flying lure for the professional training of hunting falcons. This complete set contains everything you need to train your falcon for pursuit flights. All Rocows are now being fitted with a GPS system and an upgraded stabiliser system making the Rocrow easier to fly then ever before. Once the falcon is flying well to the Rocrow, the falcon can be slipped at the Rocrow once it is already in the air, mimicking a passage flight. The GPS feature enables you to launch and fly the Rocrow to a height, and then leave the Rocrow alone to fly around at that height. This gives you time to slip the falcon and then regain control once she has left the fist. Watch the videos below! Included in the complete set: The Rocrow body The Rocrow wing 1x Lipo battery: 4s1600 25-50C with XT60 connector Lipo Charger including all necessary cables. 2.4Ghz RC transmitter. (tested range up to 1.4km!) AA battery set for the transmitter 10 elastic bands Wingbeat's famous glue Offered in black as a Rocrow, or white so that you can paint it yourself. You can choose the colour in the menu below. The sturdy box is specially designed to carry all the components, as well as being used as a flight box/service station.

This is insanity. I thought it would be fun to play with the hawks around here, but it equates to nearly $700.00 CAN. To me, this is a smaller version (50mm EDF) of the Freewing P.15 Lippy but in bird's clothing. Sure, it's got some GPS flight controller that allows it to circle like a bird, "launch mode" and it's a RTF, with battery and charger, BUT 700 bucks????? However, it does come with a package of rubber bands. There must be some heavy price gouging going on here.

I just can't imagine people paying this kind of money only to have their falcon tear it to pieces.

If it were a raven I'd consider it. 🤓😂

Comment

My pterodactyl flies more like a duck.

194 views, 17 likes, 2 loves, 3 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from John Kallend: The pterodactyl flies. All it needed was a warm sunny day::

Comment

As does mine ........................... It was "pricey" but not as pricey as this crow.

However, then there's this one. Doesn't flap and doesn't look nearly as "real". It's a foamboard version of the balsa/covered version from the same designer but that video belongs to someone else and I can't find it.

Comment

I would get a pterodactyl! But I guess I envisioned pterodactyls being more graceful in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
            I would get a pterodactyl! But I guess I envisioned pterodactyls being more graceful in the air.
            I don’t think any ornithopter can be considered “graceful”. All that flapping is quite unrealistic and somewhat disturbing to watch. It’s violent and when it stops flapping, it stops flying. On the other hand, the Marsten 52” balsa, twin motor Ptero was very appealing to look at. That’s why this jet crow caught my attention, along with it’s price tag. It’s quite pleasing to watch fly but the price is pretty scary.

Comment

Working...
            X