X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing ME-262

This is my first Freewing plane as well as my first larger EDF. I had what I learned is a common issue with the nose breaking off on a rough landing at about flight three. It was an easy fix with some reinforcement added and the plane has been problem free since. As was the case with many of these planes, mine has been captured by the Allies;-) ​I like this plane so well I picked up a Freewing F-86, which I plan to wrap and letter as a WVANG ship of the early 60s.

Captured Me-262! Now that's something I've never seen before! I'm excited to see your F-86. I take it you're "wrapping" it in vinyl?
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Vinyl wrap is the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
        This is my first Freewing plane as well as my first larger EDF. I had what I learned is a common issue with the nose breaking off on a rough landing at about flight three. It was an easy fix with some reinforcement added and the plane has been problem free since. As was the case with many of these planes, mine has been captured by the Allies;-) ​I like this plane so well I picked up a Freewing F-86, which I plan to wrap and letter as a WVANG ship of the early 60s.
        You would think FW would of fixed that nose issue by now.

Nice aircraft, looking forward to your F-86 pictures

John

Comment

There is an excellent YouTube video on repairing the nose on the ME-262. It is easy to do and holds up well.

Comment

Yes I've seen a few do-it your self's. FW knows about this and should really fix it on their end as you said is an easy fix, Right?

John

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
              I picked up a Freewing F-86, which I plan to wrap and letter as a WVANG ship of the early 60s.
              I loved my F-86, great flying plane! I had a mishap with mine and totaled it. I will be buying another one this year.

Comment

I have had the F-86 for a very long time and is a good flying plane. I purchased when they first came out and still have the original one. I think it is perhaps over 3-years old. You cannot go wrong with this one and with any of the Freewing jets.

Comment

I keep looking for better pics of the captured ME 262's. They had better color schemes for RC due to the added markings. I'm doing a 107 inch span with a pair of 5000 watt EDFs.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                    I keep looking for better pics of the captured ME 262's. They had better color schemes for RC due to the added markings. I'm doing a 107 inch span with a pair of 5000 watt EDFs.
                    ​I did a Google search before doing mine, I considered a total repaint or wrap. I decided against it and just added the U S roundels and used an air brush to paint over the rest of the German markings, so mine isn't a model of any particular plane. It seems there are more photos of 262s in Russian and British markings than U S.

Comment

The only time I ever had an issue with the nose on my Me-262 was after plowing into the safety fence around one of the flight stations at our field (and this was after more than a year of flying).

At the time our runway was dirt and had a bunch of ruts in it. On the takeoff run, I hit a rut wrong, it pushed my plane to the right drastically, and I had no time to correct before it hit the box. Oh well. Now just waiting for Motion to get fuses back in stock (they have been out for a while now).
                      Pat

Comment

Nose and big area on the fin are bright red.

Supposed to be big bright red areas on top and bottom of the wing but I've never found a picture.

Each of the 10 Me262's in the US "Watsons Wizzers" program had very different markings. "Jabo Bait" (the one in the above picture) is the one we can find the most pictures of.
                        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Anyone here know which servo I need to order for the nose gear door. mine died and I need to order a new one to get the plane back in the air. There are several listed in the spare parts page, but no info on which goes where.

Jim

Comment

Checked on line and could only find one video of a nose reenforcement for this plane's alleged Achilles heel. Not wanting to poke holes in the side of the fuselage, spackle and paint, or wait until it was broken, I'm looking at it and the wife says "What if you took the plastic piece off the front and put the rods in that way?". Behold the happy pig-nose reenforcement answer. Eyeballed it, lucked out and hit the marks. Smiling pig!:shy: Hoping I never need the reenforcement, but the word seems to be that this issue and the elevator clearance are the two biggest deals. I'm sure someone has already done this, but it was a new idea to me. Thanks honey.

Comment

Got bounced before I could add photos

Comment

Working...
                              X