X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edf esc fast pace beeping

I have purchased my edf from motion rc and wired it up my self following their tutorial on YouTube and I have soldered the battery wire to steal electric for my futaba r3008sb receiver which is also wired correctly to the servos and has a Bec 5v to work correctly. When I try calibrate the controls with my futaba controller t6k 8 channel radio it won’t pair even by sticking it in reverse (due to safety feature on remote and throttle) even using the trims still won’t get the plane to connect. However the beeping is only rapid when the throttle is plugged into the receiver when I take it out it beeps normally. But when it is on channel 3 where it is meant to be (but I have tried other ports) it beeps really fast and the motor twitches to each fast pace beep. My receiver light is green and when I go on test controls only channel 8 moves my alieron and elavator controls nothing else moves ( I assumed that is because the throttle is not yet calibrated to unlock full controls such as landing gear flaps) Can anyone help I would really appreciate it as this is my first edf plane. I have followed all the advice I can find. Thank you

assuming you didn't go into ESC programming beyond ESC calibration by mistake, set all your throttle trims and sub-trims as low as they go. you may even need to change the throttle travel on the low end was down as low as it will go. i've had this same issue many times, but recently had it with a bird i put an rx in from a diff plane and i had to do this with two diff radios to get the ESCs to arm on binding...

don't try calibrating the ESC until you resolve your above issue and then when you do, be really careful not to go beyond ESC calibration only when running that procedure...

Comment

the throttle cut switch / setting could also be the culprit i think...

Comment

Futaba needs to have the throttle channel reversed too.

Comment

Hi there

thank you for getting back to me. I am still new to this hobby and not really sure what the process is. Please can you provide a step by step process for a dummy?

Comment

Lew do you have a club or hobby shop nearby?

Comment

Hi Evan

unfortunately I do not, I have contacted futaba directly and motion rc, trying to figure it out. I’ve checked every throttle value, setting, throttle cut, trims and fail safe settings. No idea what to do tbh

Comment

Not sure I if I need a different radio because everyone seems to advise to put the futaba radio in reverse to ge the motor connected ( I tried that also)

Comment

Did you check to make sure all 3 motor to ESC wires are connected properly?

Comment

They look like they are but my edf is difficult to get to the motor as it’s inside the model

Comment

Originally posted by lew View Post
                      They look like they are but my edf is difficult to get to the motor as it’s inside the model
                      Then you can't really tell if they are all connected or not. You have to remove the EDF hatch, take out the EDF mounting screws, lift the EDF up so you can see the 3 connectors. If one is loose or not connected, that might give you that fast beeping.

Comment

yes you are right it may be a faulty product from motion RC

Comment

A loose wire is not really a "faulty" product. I've seen those wires come loose during transport on a few planes because they weren't pushed on firmly at the factory. Being new to the hobby, you likely just don't realize that these sorts of things are natural occurrences and is part of the inspection and set up process with any RC model.

Comment

Hi there

thank you for getting back to me. I am still new to this hobby and not really sure what the process is. Please can you provide a step by step process for a dummy?
                            What planes have you successfully flown previously?

Your questions suggest you need in-person help. Would you expect to fly a full-size plane with just instructions from the internet?

Comment

What is the model? Generally you can access the fan unit by removing a hatch held in place by just 2 or 3 screws.

Comment

Hi there

Hi

For us to help true the internet is a hard way to do and nearly impossible to a person who is new to this hobby an has totally no experience what so ever.
                                The only advice we give is go to a local club and let you help there, that's the only way to be save.
                                What is yours building experience, technical back ground?
                                what are you're flying skills?
                                what did you fly before!
                                etc etc...

Regards Hans

ps before you can arm a ESC you have too make sure that the Throttle curve is programmed into the ESC.
                                Its explained in the manual of ESC

I own a futaba myself and you have to reverse throttle channel in order to do this.

ps2 if the motor beeps than normally the wires are connected as they should otherwise you did not get the beeps.😉

Comment

Thank you all for your advice I have no experience only with small planes and virtual simulators. I have much to learn. I will look into the throttle curve I read the manual again last night and seen that part. I think for myself I should go to a local hobby club or shop if this doesn’t work as I appreciate it’s difficult to translate over text. I will keep you updated in case it’s something more than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by timmybeetle View Post
                                    ps2 if the motor beeps than normally the wires are connected as they should otherwise you did not get the beeps.😉
                                    If only 2 of the 3 wires are hooked up, it will still beep and cause the motor to pulse with with each beep. I may be dreaming but next time you are messing with the motor and esc, try it and that will confirm or reject what I just said.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      If only 2 of the 3 wires are hooked up, it will still beep and cause the motor to pulse with with each beep. I may be dreaming but next time you are messing with the motor and esc, try it and that will confirm or reject what I just said.
                                      Hi

Don't know what triggered you regarding you're answer.
                                      But I just checked it with 2 different ESC'n, using a brushless outrunner and with 3 cables connected I got beeps and with 2 nothing😉
                                      Maybe with a EDF unit and inrunner it is as you say but I have to test that next time when I have my EDF on the table😏

Regards Hans from The Netherlands

Comment

I'll have to give it a try with both outrunner and inrunner EDFs. It could be I was hallucinating.

Comment

Working...
                                        X