X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbiased arbiter here.

FW 70mm 12B inrunner with Avian 80A ESC.

3 leads attached - loud beeping.

2 leads attached - very faint beeping (had to put my ear really close to hear it).

The beeps come from the motor windings being energized at audio frequency by the ESC, The ESC itself doesn't make a noise.

Comment

I just tried to video this phenomenon but I can't get it off my Iphone so I can post it on YouTube and embed it here. I'll try it again later with a different video camera.

In any case, I knew I was NOT dreaming this up. If a certain wire on the motor to ESC is disconnected and I attach the battery, it gives a rapid beeping (cell count) on an outrunner EDF, it is just as loud as if all three wires are connected. However, this ONLY happens if a particular wire is pulled. If either of the other two are pulled, there is no beeping. Nothing happens.
      In the case of the OP, this "could" be what's happening.

Comment

Here it is. With all wires connected and then one wire disconnected. Different ESCs and different motors will make different tones and at different volumes.

(This is the last time I'm going to "prove" myself to someone on the internet. If you don't believe me, so be it. If your "facts" don't coincide with my "facts", so be it. If you are happy with what you believe, great. Fill your boots.)

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Here it is. With all wires connected and then one wire disconnected. Different ESCs and different motors will make different tones and at different volumes.

(This is the last time I'm going to "prove" myself to someone on the internet. If you don't believe me, so be it. If your "facts" don't coincide with my "facts", so be it. If you are happy with what you believe, great. Fill your boots.)
          Dir sir

I never asked you to prove it to me, I did my own test and got some same and other result than you.

Kind regards Hans

Comment

So we can not really draw any conclusions from the presence of audible beeping.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the throttle channel not being properly set up to initialize the ESC.

Comment

I think this YouTube video at time 09:10 https://youtu.be/U6djMJYYaiA

is what’s happening with my esc I inspected the wires last night and they seem well connected I have a voltage meter I found secure connections. I have found a club 30 mins drive from me to take it too. Might subscribe to fly there also I already have my CAA license for (Uk)

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                So we can not really draw any conclusions from the presence of audible beeping.

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the throttle channel not being properly set up to initialize the ESC.
                Precisely! It may only be one piece of evidence. You would likely win your bet. (if you were a betting man.)

Comment

Hi all

For those that were wondering what the fault was well...
                  I took my plane to my local club and I had two seniors who have had 30+ years in this hobby and they diagnosed the fault which was the planes freewing blue control box which was preventing the signals to the single wires to the receiver. So they bypassed this control box with y plugs straight to the receiver and the plane works fine. However this was with their receiver and controller my controller and receiver still makes multiple bleeps due to futaba set up the seniors did not know how to set up the esc with futaba. However there is a younger club member who is coming round today who will be able to calibrate my futaba set up as he is the only one that uses futaba.

Comment

Still sounds like a reversed channel.

Comment

Hi all so I have finally found the final hurdle. The local club member had another look at my plane after getting further advice and found it was between my receiver and transmitter. The reason for this is futaba have been known to send receivers that need resetting as they have been set up for 16 channels where two 8 channels receivers buddy up to make 16 channels. My receiver was set to above 8 which is why my 8 channel transmitter couldn’t calibrate my esc. After resetting my receiver and changing it to channels 1 to 8 my transmitter calibrated and armed the esc correctly. :)

Comment

Working...
                      X