X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff goes big jet again

That's right, He pulled them out again! There is just no stopping him!

Who's Jeff and why are you calling him big?? :)

Comment

It's not that big.

Comment

Always dig some cool drone follow footage and hey, who doesn't mind some good ol' fashioned hyperbole from time-to-time?
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Who's Jeff and why are you calling him big?? :)
          I asked the same questions. Didn't mean a thing to me and likely didn't mean much to most users here. I think we need to have a special forum where people can post "inside jokes" and local stuff that only "insiders" can relate to and understand. "Outsiders" haven't a clue what's going on. In big car forums, there would be "regional" forums partitioned by states or a few states in a given region or region in a country. We often see .............. "Bubba's ride way over the top", where everyone in that region knows who Bubba is and what his ride is and most people there actually know the story.
          HobbySquawk probably isn't big enough to do that but perhaps a forum entitled ........

"Local news, events, jokes, anecdotes and other [inside] stuff"

Comment

Jeff is Jeff and I don't think it's meant to be an inside joke. The F4 is part of the big bad and cool series from Motion. My guesss.

Comment

That is correct. I say they're big because these are some of the biggest EDF jets you can get Motion RC. So I just made the joke that they're big. It's a simple joke. And everybody else I know that see it got the joke.

I posted the Chase video in its own little topic under the RC Jet banner because they are EDF jets. Anyone who didn't want to see a video should not have clicked on the topic.

Anyone who has a comment on the topic can ask a question about the jet, it's set up, and I would refer that to Jeff so he can start a conversation on his big jets.

Although not a requirement that I've read anywhere almost almost all the jets I post videos are motion RC. There are a few here and there that are not.

I may be jumping to a conclusion and if I am for that I am very very sorry. But if you understand what a forum is? It is a place to bring up ideals, thoughts, and showing off equipment to spark discussions, groups, and some bragging rights.

Could someone please tell me how a video of a jet, in a section of jets, does not belong with the jets?

Again I may be jumping to a conclusion. And in a lot of ways I wish that I'm wrong. But I've just got finished dealing with Karen's somewhere else and I'm just hoping I'm wrong and jumping. But feel free to let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                Always dig some cool drone follow footage and hey, who doesn't mind some good ol' fashioned hyperbole from time-to-time?
                I just looked at your channel nice. Maybe you can explain to me why they seem to have a problem looking at videos of the planes they're talking about?

Especially when you consider when James does promo videos of all these planes I don't see a lot of people complaining. Or for that matter when he just does fun at the field videos of the plane's flying. I don't get it. Is it something about me?

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRay View Post
                  That is correct. I say they're big because these are some of the biggest EDF jets you can get Motion RC. So I just made the joke that they're big. It's a simple joke. And everybody else I know that see it got the joke.

I posted the Chase video in its own little topic under the RC Jet banner because they are EDF jets. Anyone who didn't want to see a video should not have clicked on the topic.

Anyone who has a comment on the topic can ask a question about the jet, it's set up, and I would refer that to Jeff so he can start a conversation on his big jets.

Although not a requirement that I've read anywhere almost almost all the jets I post videos are motion RC. There are a few here and there that are not.

I may be jumping to a conclusion and if I am for that I am very very sorry. But if you understand what a forum is? It is a place to bring up ideals, thoughts, and showing off equipment to spark discussions, groups, and some bragging rights.

Could someone please tell me how a video of a jet, in a section of jets, does not belong with the jets?

Again I may be jumping to a conclusion. And in a lot of ways I wish that I'm wrong. But I've just got finished dealing with Karen's somewhere else and I'm just hoping I'm wrong and jumping. But feel free to let me know.
                  You are jumping to a lot of conclusions. I'm ducking out of this thread after this post. There's no point in continuing since you didn't get the point of why Evan and then I, responded the way we did. None of the points you brought up in the quoted post above has anything to do with our response. You made it sound like everyone knows "Jeff". We don't know "Jeff" and in that sense, that's where the "inside" comment came from. Nothing to do with whether or not this topic belongs "with the jets" nor has it anything to do with "what a forum is". You lead off your post and lent an air of familiarity without any background information as to who you're talking about or any history that might help us relate to the topic. Then comes "dealing with Karen's ........... ". Again, who is Karen and without any background, why are we expected to understand this reference? Anyway, I'm done here. Carry on. Those "in the know" and on the "inside" will recognise what's going on here. The rest of us will simply remain on the "outside".

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    You are jumping to a lot of conclusions. I'm ducking out of this thread after this post. There's no point in continuing since you didn't get the point of why Evan and then I, responded the way we did. None of the points you brought up in the quoted post above has anything to do with our response. You made it sound like everyone knows "Jeff". We don't know "Jeff" and in that sense, that's where the "inside" comment came from. Nothing to do with whether or not this topic belongs "with the jets" nor has it anything to do with "what a forum is". You lead off your post and lent an air of familiarity without any background information as to who you're talking about or any history that might help us relate to the topic. Then comes "dealing with Karen's ........... ". Again, who is Karen and without any background, why are we expected to understand this reference? Anyway, I'm done here. Carry on. Those "in the know" and on the "inside" will recognise what's going on here. The rest of us will simply remain on the "outside".
                    Then as I said at the beginning I owe an apology. And I apologize.

I preferenced it with I had a run in with some Karen's and I was getting a feeling that was about to be the same thing again..

But your clarification works just fine. Again my apologies. But I can see I wasn't too far off since you didn't even stick around to get the apology. I should have waited and asked for clarifications before I jumped to the conclusion. I guess I was feeling a little postumatic. A little thin skinned. And to answer anyone who felt I jumped, I am sorry I'll try and do better next time.

For the record Jeff is just the name of the pilot. And I'll be sure to find a way to make that clearer.

Comment

Don't get your panties in a twist Nancy... As said I wondered who Jeff was and was saying it in jest, this is in jest too. These are public forums and if you continue to post you'll get a lot worse that has been here in this thread, like calling people Karens....

Was that really the 90mm FW F4? It didn't look like it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        Don't get your panties in a twist Nancy... As said I wondered who Jeff was and was saying it in jest, this is in jest too. These are public forums and if you continue to post you'll get a lot worse that has been here in this thread, like calling people Karens....

Was that really the 90mm FW F4? It didn't look like it to me.
                        You're right. Sorry....
                        If it's the one from Motion then yes I think it is.
                        Jeff was the pilot and owner. I just did the chase.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRay View Post

I just looked at your channel nice. Maybe you can explain to me why they seem to have a problem looking at videos of the planes they're talking about?

Especially when you consider when James does promo videos of all these planes I don't see a lot of people complaining. Or for that matter when he just does fun at the field videos of the plane's flying. I don't get it. Is it something about me?
                          There's a big difference between a promo video of a new offering that no-one else has yet seen, and a video of a model that's been around for ages and almost all of us have seen in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

There's a big difference between a promo video of a new offering that no-one else has yet seen, and a video of a model that's been around for ages and almost all of us have seen in real life.
                            Lol ok, thanks.
                            I just ordered a case of thicker skin from Amazon. Lol it should be here by next week. I'll just have to lay low till then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                              Jeff is Jeff and I don't think it's meant to be an inside joke. The F4 is part of the big bad and cool series from Motion. My guesss.
                              You're definitely right and I didn't do a good job of explaining it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X