X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Just bought my 12 yr old his first rc jet. Hooked it all up receiver turns on but motor just makes a beeping noise and nothing is working. What did I do wrong?

If the receiver is working all the control surfaces but the motor just beeps the ESC is not getting the right signal to arm. Some causes could be the channel it's plugged into is reversed or the ESC needs calibrating. First thing I would do is reduce the throttle trim all the way down and see if it arms. Then calibrate the ESC. What airplane and what radio?

Comment

Originally posted by pags7401 View Post
      Just bought my 12 yr old his first rc jet. Hooked it all up receiver turns on but motor just makes a beeping noise and nothing is working. What did I do wrong?
      I suggest you provide more details, like what is it, what radio are you using, how much experience do you have, etc?

Comment

So the jet is a freewing F-22 raptor 4s 64mm EDF. The radio is a futaba 6L sport 6 channel with a R3106GF reciever

Comment

And this the first jet for the both of us.

Comment

Reverse the throttle channel. It should work then but still calibrate the ESC.

Comment

Is this your first electric? Futaba needs the channel for the throttle reversed for every ESC I know of to work. If you have other electrics all this should be the same.

Comment

It is our first electric. How do you reverse the throttle? And again thank you guys for all the help.

Comment

Looks like pg19 of your manual. Shows switches in your battery compartment. Futaba uses channel 3 for throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by pags7401 View Post
                    And this the first jet for the both of us.
                    What have you flown before?

I recommend joing a club if you haven't already done that, and getting hands-on help from experienced pilots.

Comment

Hey hey,,,
                      Check the battery: Make sure that the battery is fully charged and properly connected to the ESC. bad time simulator
                      Check the motor connections: Ensure that the motor is properly connected to the ESC and that all the wires are secure.​

Comment

these planes also need the throttle calibrated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oyC_uNx2xE

dohh, I fell for the thread resurrection by a newbie

Comment

Working...
                        X