X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirage 2000; Gyro/Radio setup question

I have the Mirage 2000, Admiral RX600P stability gyro and the Spectrum NX8 radio.

What is the proper way to set up the gyro and radio?
    Do you use the elevon mix in the radio and the normal wing setup on the gyro?
    or
    Do you use the delta config dip sw settings on the gyro and configure custom mixes with the radio?

Which rx ports should be used?
    AIL & ELE
    AIL and AX1
    AIL and AX2

I've tried several configs and have not had success.I can get the basic control surface to function but when I switch on the gyro they do not work as they should (ie one surface functions the other doesn't or the surface move opposite of each other or they don't move at all)

Looked for posts or videos but not much on my situation.

Any help is appreciated,

Normal wing in the radio and delta via the dip switches but I have seen many have reception issues with that receiver.

Comment

What he said. ^
      Do a VERY thorough range test from every direction (drive the plane out and do ground circles on TX low power). Even better, take that RX and only use it for your park flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
        What he said. ^
        Even better, take that RX and only use it for your park flyers.
        Interesting, I have quite a few of these Rx's and have not experienced any issues. They are basically lemon receivers...of which I have quite a few of those too. For many years.

But thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateral-G View Post

Interesting, I have quite a few of these Rx's and have not experienced any issues. They are basically lemon receivers...of which I have quite a few of those too. For many years.

But (importantly) different firmware from the Lemons.

Comment

Originally posted by Lateral-G View Post

As do I - 3 in fact. The Lemon equivalent also uses those little short "diversity" antennas, with no port for a satellite. I don't trust those either. All 3 are no longer in planes and are sitting in a bag. I use them for bench testing new planes. 2 of the 3 were in non-park flyer planes and I experienced range glitches repeatedly. I took them out and only use Lemon RXs that have a satellite RX capability. If yours are working fine, don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
            X