X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Mig 21 being discontinued? Or just the "blue" versio

I saw the blue one is no longer available. I'm hoping the silver is staying and they get more in stock. I'd really like to do a repaint. I have the blue version and I actually like that livery. Older generation Migs are too underrepresented. If anyone is listening....

So will motionRC be restocking the silver Fishbed?

Actually, I'm not seeing either color. Shoot!

Comment

I noticed that it was gone from the Motion site. I'm not sure what this means. Usually, if it's still in the inventory, it says "out of stock" and the page still exists. It may be discontinued or taking a pause and coming back later as the next version. I see that RC Castle still has stock on the blue PNP and the silver in "kit PLUS".

Comment

Discontinued. I think FW stopped making them but Castle has few left.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
          Older generation Migs are too underrepresented. If anyone is listening....
          On the subject of underrepresented, apart from the Venom in Swiss livery, a multinational Eurofighter in Spanish livery, and a trainer, where are the British jets? It's not like there's a shortage of possibilities.

Comment

It's a shame it's no longer made, I hope a V2 with full flying stabs is in the works. Wonder how the sales were versus perceived on social media, I know I love mine and it's a sport jet in its performance.
            I know this is a long shot, but I wonder if MotionRC/Freewing could release CAD models of the birds for conversion to say 3D Print. Wouldn't mind taking a solid model of the 80mm Super Scorpion or the MiG and then printing it out. Weight would probably increase though, but it beats not having a proper MiG-21 in the fleet should something happen.

Comment

Great shame to see it discontinued, but I guess they just weren’t selling.
              I’ve been on the fence for a while with this jet, finally pulled the trigger on the silver ARF Plus while I still could.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark 2 View Post
                but I guess they just weren’t selling.
                This is usually the greatest motivator for a manufacturer to discontinue something. They have to make so many on any given run to make it worthwhile. If they don't think they'll be able to sell a run of them, they won't do it. Like "Lays", you just can't make one.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

On the subject of underrepresented, apart from the Venom in Swiss livery, a multinational Eurofighter in Spanish livery, and a trainer, where are the British jets? It's not like there's a shortage of possibilities.
                  I completely agree! Like a Harrier, for one!

Comment

Damn, RC Castle HAD a few, sold out now. Ha! I wish I had checked this thread yesterday. For a model that wasn't selling well, scarcity seems to have helped. Damn. I knew immediately when I bought the first one that I wanted to paint one up, I should have pulled the trigger then.

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                      For a model that wasn't selling well, scarcity seems to have helped.
                      Isn't that the way it usually is!

Comment

Wow this is a bummer, the Mig 21 is a super solid EDF. Easy to upgrade with an amazing amount of paint schemes. I have done several of them for myself and others, I still have my original and it’s in great shape. Hopefully they will upgrade her. I would really like to do a Cuban one

Comment

Looks like it’s back in stock at RC Castle, both paint schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by T- Elbert View Post
                            Wow this is a bummer, the Mig 21 is a super solid EDF. Easy to upgrade with an amazing amount of paint schemes. I have done several of them for myself and others, I still have my original and it’s in great shape. Hopefully they will upgrade her. I would really like to do a Cuban one
                            A Cubano would be cool! And yeah as you say maybe they (freewing/motion) are coming out with a new upgraded version. It seems like an odd choice to discontinue such an awesome plane.

Mark 2 Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                            X