X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing 64mm F16 Falcon

Are there any modifications so that flaps can be used on the Freewing 64mm F16 Falcon. I have separated the ailerons from the elevators by installing new servos for the elevators but can't get the ailerons to operate as ail/flaps. What am I doing wrong or am I wasting my time trying.

So, what you've done is have 1 servo for each control surface on the wings and horizontal stab, correct? Your elevators work properly? Next, you want your ailerons to act as both ailerons and flaps, right? You'll need to plug one side into aileron and the other side into flap (AUX1) of your RX. You must then tell your TX that you have aircraft type - wing: "flaperons". This opens up the flap menu, so you can select a switch for flaps (usually D). In the flap menu, you can then dial in whatever you want for zero flaps, take off flaps and landing flaps and set deployment time. You may have to play with things like servo reverse and servo travel (and/or manual adjustment of the rods) to get the ailerons to zero (level) as the starting point. You can easily overdrive the servos when trying to achieve flaperons. Be careful not to dial in too much flap.
    Another caution, with a plane like this, if you dial in too much flap, you may not have sufficient elevator travel to compensate for any nose dive or "ballooning" that may occur.

I'm assuming this for Spektrum.

Comment

Thank you, this makes total sense,I will give your instructions a try. Yes I am using a Spektrum- a, DX8.

Comment

Many thanks to xviper. Your instructions worked perfectly.

Comment

I can send you my spm file. I have each aileron and each elevator separate for elevons and tailerons.

Comment

Thanks for the offer but it is now working.

Comment

Working...
            X