X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig 15 or Mig 17

I would love to see a Freewing Mig 15 or Mig 17. They are so iconic and fly very well.

I agree.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2397.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	371143

Comment

Just got my MiG 17 in blue, like Evan'a red one. Still box. I had the first silver one and it flew so well.

Comment

I have the silver one with xicoy 45 turbine and it is sweet

Comment

Where are you getting these!?

Comment

Banana Hobby. You might be able to find one at AliExpress or Banggood but I haven't checked. Originally, they were sold by HobbyKing. I think it's an "AF Model".

Comment

So it's the Avios rebranded? Is it upgraded from what it was? Like the landing gear? I saw the artic camo one fly and it flew great, granted it took some hard landings but the gear was a constant issue for the pilot. It really is one of the coolest Migs.

Comment

Yes, HobbyKing branded it Avios. "AF" is the actual make. Banana calls it "Aerofoam" and got the new colors.
                AliExpress also sells it and delivered it's only ~$65.00 CAN more than what I paid to Banana. Being in the US, you get free shipping from Banana, so no point in even going to AliExpress. If there is a "next time" purchase, I'll may pay the extra money than to have to deal with Banana.

HobbyKing rebrands a lot of lesser known brands to "Avios". Banana does the same and calls them BlitzRCWorks or Aerofoam.

I'm not sure if anything has been upgraded since the old arctic camo. I had problems with my retracts in that one of them, the internals came loose from the outer shell and the whole innards spun around inside the casing and twisted up all the wiring. I believe they still use the same sort retracts that use a controller that senses voltage overage to stop at each end. When they work, they work fine.

Comment

Freewing did make the MiG21 but it's discontinued now. What will they do next in the MiG series, if anything?

Comment

I really like my Avios MiG. One of the smoothest flying planes I’ve had. I did upgrade the stock linkage but otherwise all the electronics and retracts have been absolutely reliable. As far as I know the new ones sold by BH are the exact same except for paint.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm remembering that the person I saw flying it was struggling on a few flights to get a CG that worked well. It seems similar to the F86 in that it has a very narrow 'range' in terms of CG. Do you know if you're using the recommended point or what you have settled on? I'm finding Evan's red Mig hard to resist.

Comment

Tail sit test is what I’m using. Similar to the F-86.

Comment

My blue one is getting MInwaxed at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pr247295img6.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	371475

Comment

I have to say the blue is pretty cool too.

Comment

It's nice that we have choices which we never had with HobbyKing. The Banana Hobby red one is sligtly different than Evan's.

Comment

I did paint mine. It came in a horrid cow scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                  I did paint mine. It came in a horrid cow scheme.
                                  Ahhh, the "cow"! I think they called it "arctic camo". After a couple fly bys, bystanders start to wonder where the udder was. Your red looks way better than the stock red.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Evan D Have you tried 8s in your Mig? I have one on it's way and read about other people using 8s. I'm wondering if there's room in the battery bay. I'm thinking of maybe pulling the 8s system out of the eurofighter just to try it out.

Comment

Sorry I haven't, I like the stock power, I feel it's a good representation of the full scales power. The stock fan has a plastic shroud and I put my 5800-6000 battery fairly far forward so I think a 8S and maybe 5000 8S would balance. Pretty sure the battery area is big enough.

Comment

Working...
                                        X