X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS A-10

Looking for your thoughts on this A-10. Issues with assembly? Good flight characteristics? ect.

I've heard decent things about it from those who owned it. My favorite part is it only takes one 6S LiPo which was the main reason I sold my Freewing A-10 (which I loved) as it requires 2. Overall, I heard the Freewing beat it in several categories including size, but the single 6S makes it tempting. Hopefully someone here can be of more help with specifics for you. Welcome to Hobby Squawk!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

A club member got one last year and put it together himself. He's over 90 years old. He asked me to set up the electronics, throws, expo, etc, for him. The build was easy and he had it done in one evening. When I saw it, the plane looked well made and well put together. After setting it up, I worked all the controls and ran up the motor. I was about to take it up and trim it for him before handing it over to him, but he didn't feel up to it that day, so we left it for another day. I did, however drive it around, up and down the runway just to show him that it works and that it passed the range test. He fell ill and it was weeks before he came back to the field. Unfortunate, the thought of flying the A-10 that day gave him heart palpitations, so I didn't want to risk his health by actually flying it and I decided to postpone it till this year. We lost our flying field over the winter and I have not heard about how he's been doing of late.
      On a different note, another club member had the same plane and he's been flying it from last fall and from what I observed, it's a very good EDF. Flight times are a little short - shorter than my 80mm Freewing A-10, but not by a lot. Nose strut can be weak if the landing isn't totally smooth and particularly if you run it onto the edge of the runway.

Comment

It’s really a great plane. In many ways better than the big FW one. The only thing I don’t like is the goofy FMS/ EFlite steering linkage on the nose strut.

Comment

Now that you mention about the steering, I did notice that ground handling was, at times, a bit darty (left/right) and I suggested to my club member with the A-10 to install a steering gyro.

Comment

I have one and love it. Cant compare to the Freewing as i have never flown that model. It is darty on the ground, but an Assan steering gyro took care of that. In the air it flies great and lands like a dream. I use a Liperor 5000 pack in it and get about 3 minutes of flight time with a few high speed passes. The front landing gear can come loose due to glue used on bad landings. Not a huge problem and pretty easy fix. Any questions you got i can try and help. I highly recommend the plane though.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I just ordered this bird. I'm sure this A-10 will be impressive!!

Comment

I just got the FMS A-10 last week. Assembly is super quick. Love the plug in wings and 4 screws. Balances perfect with a 5200-6200 6s lipo. It flies even better. No bad tendencies I could find. Solid 3.5 min flight (in the throttle) with about 30% left on landing. Nice speed range. Flew with clean wing and with ordinance....no discernible difference in performance.
                If you get one you will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                X