Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 64mm F-22 Raptor V2 High Performance 4S EDF Jet

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 64mm F-22 Raptor V2 High Performance 4S EDF Jet

Freewing F-22 Raptor V2 High-Performance Version 12-Blade EDF Jet

Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera.jpg Views:	26 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	373663

Version Info: This is the V2 version of the 64mm F-22. This model includes a new updatedmotor and 12B EDF, updated fuselage mold, upgraded ESC with thrust reversing capability, digital metal gear servos, and a new more scale paint scheme.

Introduced in 2005, the F-22 Raptor is the US Air Force's ultimate super-maneuverable, stealth fighter aircraft. The clean lines, stealth profile, and scale details are all captured in this exceptional 64mm EDF Jet from Freewing Models. Simplicity and durability were major design factors with this model. All airfoil surfaces (main wings, rudders, and elevators) are attached to the fuselage using a new modular joiner system which improves strength and allows easy parts replacement.

Quality electronic components come pre-installed so you can be in the air in less then one hour. This High Performance version of the F-22 includes an upgraded 2850Kv outrunner motor, 12-blade fans, 40A ESC with thrust reverse and 4 Cell LiPo capability, making it the perfect EDF Jet for those pilots seeking higher top-end speeds and faster climbing rates. This plane is one of the Motion RC Flight Team's favorites - fast, easy to fly and affordable. Own a piece of US Air Superiority today - the Freewing 64mm V2 F-22 Raptor.

Visit the product page here: https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...t-pnp-fj10513p
    • NEW! Includes a powerful 2840-2850Kv outrunner motor and 12-Blade EDF unit
    • NEW! 40 Amp ESC with thrust reversing capability
    • NEW! Updated fuselage (complete new mold)
    • Full size, independent elevators provide level flight and improved aircraft climbing ability
    • Main wing, rudder and elevators are all detachable making the aircraft easy to transport and easy to repair (no gluing)
    • Fixed, scale landing gear design helps keep the F-22 lightweight and also improves the model's flying life
    • Large ESC cooling vents help extend the life of the on-board electronics
    • Nylon hinges on all control surfaces (superior to foam hinges)
    • Durable EPO material is stronger and more flexible than conventional foam airframes
    • Brushless motor, ESC and servos come pre-installed for your convenience
    Requires:
    • 4 Channel radio - select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
    • 4 Channel receiver - select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
    • 4 Cell 14.8V 2200 mAh LiPo Battery with XT60 Connector - EPR22004PROX6
    • 4 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 4 cell (4S) charger from our Charger Collection
    Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :Intermediate
    BUILD TIME :1 Hour
    Wingspan 690mm / 27.2in
    Length 950mm / 37.4in
    Flying Weight 850g / 29.98oz
    Power System 2840-2850Kv brushless outrunner motor
    Speed Control 40A, XT60 Connector, internal SBEC
    Propeller / EDF 64mm 12-Blade EDF
    Servos
    • 9g plastic standard with 100mm lead : left elevator, left aileron, right aileron - MD31091-100
    • 9g plastic reverse with 100mm lead : right elevator - MD31091R-100
    • 9g plastic standard with 300mm lead : nose gear steering - MD31091-300
    Landing Gear Fixed main landing gear, steerable nose gear
    Required Battery 4S 14.8V 1600mAh to 2200Ah 30C LiPo
    Required Radio 4 Channel radio
    Rudder No
    Flaps No
    Ailerons Yes
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors

Official Assembly Video

Comment

I accidentally bought the 3s version last year and tried to fly it once and said to myself "NO Way ...!!!" and pulled the ejection handle ... lol
      Finally got the new 4s motor & fan assembly
      Freewing 64mm 12-Blade EDF 4S Power System w/ 2840-2850Kv Motor - E7206 Specifications: Fan size: 64mm Blade count: 12 Blade Motor: 2840-2850Kv Max current draw: 40 Amps Recommended battery: 4S 2200mAh

I can't seem to get it to fit in properly ... Do i need to swap the duct to the one I took out ???
      Opened a ticket because I figured newbies to EDF like myself could use that good advice on how to do the swap.

Comment

The new EDFs are larger diameter, you need to take a dremel to the foam. Take off 1-2mm all the way around. You can’t put the new fan in the old shroud either…

Comment

Where do I take the 1-2mm off exactly ... there is ZERO availability on new fuselage ... Already repaired the nose on this one back to where you can't tell it's been crashed.

Comment

Around the area the fan sets. The whole fan shroud is a few mm larger in diameter. You could try to compress the foam using a knife handle or something like that but dremel in the foam is better.

Comment

Who wud dare to make a YouTube vid doing that process ....??? lol

Comment

Maybe you wud?

If doing that is too much maybe buying a EDF that will fit is easier for you.

Freewing 64mm 12-Blade EDF 4S Power System w/ 2836-3300Kv Motor [E7204] Motion RC

Comment

I bought the wrong power system [E7206] ...... I was unaware they had a different one [7204] ... thanks for the tip ...
                  rather going thru the return process I'll do the work to make it fit ... Do you know anyone who had done it with success ???

Comment

I have to other planes but not the F-22.

Comment

Evan, I did the work and sanded the foam down and made a deeper groove for the EDF .. fits nicely now ...
                      Do I really need a 40A ESC for that motor?
                      This is the one that is currently installed ...
                      30A Brushless Electronic Speed Control (ESC) for the Freewing 64mm EDF F-22 Raptor 3S Version Specifications: Silicone wire:16# L1=50mm ; L2=105mm ; L3=150mm Connect to motor:banana connector Φ3mm Connect to battery:XT60 connector This ESC is used on the following Freewing planes F-22 Raptor Standard (3S)

Comment

At least 40A. In my Banshee that fan on a fresh charge is 57.14A, 867.9W and produces 980g of thrust. On a 40A ESC... The new reversing 40A ESCs handle it well. The V1 Beatles 60A ESC from Amazon is really good but doesn’t have reverse. But if you are hand launching and belly landing you don’t use reverse and many don’t even with wheels.

Congrats on getting it to fit. I know it’s a pain.

Comment

Working...
                        X