You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need assistance hooking up S.A.F.E. with the Skynetic Neptune.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need assistance hooking up S.A.F.E. with the Skynetic Neptune.

I'm still considered a newer pilot and this is my first elevon setup. I'm using a Spectrum AR630 (NX10 Radio) so I can use SAFE until comfortable flying the Neptune. I have verified all surfaces work correctly (elevons). I have SAFE programmed and working with the exception that in up orientation SAFE wants even more up elevator. All other functions appear to be working correctly and have crashed the Neptune within 6 seconds of taking up because it went straight up. I was able to shut off SAFE quickly enough to make it a rough landing and no damage. I would like to find out how to correct the up elevator issue with SAFE and the Neptune. Any help from someone with a Neptune would be appreciated. Thanks, Curly

What do you mean by "up orientation" and "taking up"? Your symptoms as described seem like the receiver hasn't been properly "forward programmed" for SAFE setup. Did you do the programming according to the instructions?

Comment

Sounds like you just need to reverse the direction that the gyro is correcting pitch. Done through forward programming in your transmitter.

SPMAR630-Manual-EN.pdf (spektrumrc.com)

Comment

Hi Kallend, to clarify up orientation, while hand launching the Neptune I gave it full up elevator and expected SAFE to limit that straight up pitch that is exactly what the Neptune did, straight up when I eased up off the up elevator, the model continue to go skyward until I throttle down to try to gain control and that is when it started straight down. I was able to switch SAFE off and applied up elevator to try to get out of the dive which I did 2 feet off the ground and landed without damage. I have set up the model and receiver per the directions. The controls surfaces were checked for correct movement without any issues. I switched SAFE on and check the control surface and they appeared to be operating as normal. So I'm at a loss in thinking what could be wrong. It appears it is with SAFE operation. The flights controls were all normal out of SAFE and in SAFE so I'm puzzled. When I checked the operation after downing the Neptune it appears when going up elevator with SAFE on it further increases the elevator. It is supposed to do the opposite but was not the case here.

Comment

Hi Evan D., I would say your idea would be correct but out of 20 different models, all E-flite, I never had to reverse the direction of the gyro to correct the pitch. I do have the manual and will look at it carefully but why would the pitch only need to be corrected on the up pitch. The down pitch worked as it was supposed to. I will look into forward programming to see what I can see. Thanks.

Comment

Did YOU program the receiver? If so, how did you do it? If not you, who did?

Your symptoms sound like the receiver was programmed with the incorrect orientation for the way it's installed in the model.

Comment

I figured it out. These damn FMS models are not very friendly with a Spektrum receiver I had to do a double reverse of the elevons after switching the cables in the receiver. She flew great with SAFE and without. Thanks for everyones input.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly50 View Post
                These damn FMS models are not very friendly with a Spektrum receiver I had to do a double reverse of the elevons after switching the cables in the receiver.t.
                NOT my experience. I've had no problems whatsoever.

Disclaimer: I'm one of those people who read instructions.

Comment

Working...
                X