X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXs Compatibility

I would like to know if the Spektrum DXs transmitter is able to successfully bind and fly with the F-14 Tomcat or the F4u Corsair. I’m hoping to not switch transmitters and I have had my eye on those two for a while

Good question. First you ask bind, since the planes do not come with a receiver you would need a DSMX capable 7 or 6 channel receiver. 7 for the F-14 or 6 for the Corsair.

Second, fly... Not for the F-14 but maybe for the Corsair. The F-14 needs 7 channels because of the wing sweep and I don't think you can assign switches in a way to be able to do that with the DXs. Channel 6 on that radio is the bind button and designed to be a SAFE button and channel 7 to be AS3X (gyro) . So you may be able to assign the switch for flaps, default ch6 to a switch but that radio looks like it's really not designed for what you want to do. Maybe going to RCG and ask in the radio forum?

Edit, look at this-
    HBZ31000-DXS-Presets_Manual.pdf (horizonhobby.com)

By the profile chart, profile 2, it looks like you can do the Corsair. Further down there is an example for a P-39 and the note says there's no way to have flap to elevator compensation. Really this is a basic trainer radio for a throttle, aileron, elevator, rudder plane with AS3X or SAFE. I see absolutely no way to do the F-14.

Comment

Okay, I understand most of what you mean, however, I am talking about the BNF versions of these planes which by my understanding come with everything you need minus transmitter and batteries, also I would like to ask where all the channels go on the F-14 because there’s only the regular knobs for throttle/rudder and aileron/elevator and then there’s the sweeping wing but that should be it right? Since the Corsair has flaps I think that’s a better bet, since I think I could survive without flaps

Comment

Well, at this point I guess my question is what F-14 and what Corsair. You are on a forum created for Motion and their planes. I think you maybe talking the EFlite F-14 and not sure which Corsair. May be better to go to the threads specific for the planes you are asking about. Sorry about the assumptions I made.

Comment

Also would it be better, if I absolutely have to change transmitters (I’m leaning towards it) would it be more worth it to go for the NX6 or DX6? I want to go with DX6 personally, because it’s cheaper and would serve the purpose of flying either of these planes

Comment

Ah, sorry about that, I’ve been looking at Eflite recently

Comment

F-14 thread- The ALL-NEW E-flite F-14 Tomcat Twin 40mm EDF - The Practical TOPGUN Tomcat! - RC Groups

Not sure which Corsair you are thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by JetPlanePerson View Post
                Also would it be better, if I absolutely have to change transmitters (I’m leaning towards it) would it be more worth it to go for the NX6 or DX6? I want to go with DX6 personally, because it’s cheaper and would serve the purpose of flying either of these planes
                Either of them would be very limiting. At the very least I'd suggest an NX8 if you wish to continue with jets and scale warbirds. It's not much more than the NX6. You may be able to pick up a used DX9 fairly cheap, because a lot of people are upgrading to NX10s or iX14s.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post
                  NX8 if you wish to continue with jets and scale warbirds.
                  ^ This

You will wish you had at least an 8 channel transmitter about two minutes after progressing past BNF aircraft. And that's not even really thinking about thrust-reversing ESCs and etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X